• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Monday all day

Started by LizStreithorst, June 13, 2022, 11:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's going to be another hot son of a bitch today.  I drove into Ellisville and bought a sheet of Styrofoam insulation to use in my fish boxes.  I have 1 pair of Pitch Blacks going to one guy tomorrow and 3 pairs to another guy on Wednesday.  I'll make my boxes before it gets so hot that all I want to do is retreat to the bedroom where my only AC is.

Shawn gets back from off shore Wednesday afternoon.  I will snag him Thursday morning and buy his window units regardless of their BTU rating.  I can't go on like this.  I even missed the evening feeding and WC yesterday because I'd been hot all day and I couldn't handle the additional heat in the fish room.

Other that the heat, it's a good day today.  My back isn't bad which makes everything easier.  It's also blueberry picking day today.  Most people make jelly, jam, or a cobbler.  I eat mine as a snack.  They're so good they don't need to be messed with.  They are at their peak of sweetness right now.

I haven't done a chicken head count in a while.  I guess I should but I hate to because I've seen feathers.  My one hen Princess wants to stay in the house all the time.  I'm always kicking her out.  She has water and feed here but she really needs the green stuff from the outdoors.  She's good about not pooping in the house but not perfect.  Picking up chicken shit is not my favorite thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, sorry to hear how you are suffering in the indoor heat.  But glad you can at least sleep cool. It is als o very hot here and high humidity.  Over 90 right now, 85% humidity last I checked.  I can't do outside work at all when it is this hot.  Even the shade is hot.

It did rain some late yesterday so that was very welcome.  And my new  pond filters are doing a great job.  The water is crystal clearn mainly due to the UV light out there.  I have one pump and filter just for the UV.  And another pump for a big filter only.  Both are in pond.

Ron and Willie are you both baking too?  And I don't mean cookies or bread.  It feels like August temps now.  Have a good day you folks,
Barb

Barb

thought you might like to see my pond and fish in it.  Just took these.

Barb

part of the garden

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz, Barb and everyone. Barb those are some nice looking Koi and that's a beautiful pond. I hope your young turtle is in there enjoying it.

It is hot and humid here with the temp at 90 degrees and the dew point at 70. It is cloudy so that is what is saving us from feeling the oppressively heat.

I had an appointment with my endocrinologist this morning and I had to promise to lay of the sweets (borderline high A1C) and take my vitamin D3, otherwise I was good. I don't have to see him for another 6 months but he wants a repeat of my blood work in 4 moths.

Today marks 19 days of free swimming for my Black Ram (and gold) fry and I started introducing some Guppy Magic food that I had in the freezer from Captain Bob. I really do miss his food.

Ron I see it's 101 near you and it's going to get even hotter but you air quality is excellent.  huh Our temp is 11 degrees "cooler" than yours but our air quality is unhealthyhuh I guess the high humidity makes it hard to breath here.  huh

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello friends...

Liz...can't fault You for not wanting to count your chickens.... Your lack of AC is really a tough situation... Hope you get one soon...

Barb... Your pond is beautiful and the Koi are really striking with their colors... In fact your whole backyard is beautiful the way you have it planted... 

Willie... One of the major reasons we did not move back to the East Coast where I'm from in the Virginia area was because of the sweltering summers' humidity...how's Kobe handling the heat?...

Today like yesterday has been a putzing day with Aquariums...While Lucy was teaching her card class I packed up an order that needs to go out and then commenced to removing/stripping the black paint off of the last hundred+ 
gallon aquarium I need to set up outside... Sunday I picked up some Aphyosemion Australe burnt orange killes and put them into the tank with the Fundulopanchax gardneri pairs... They won't Crossbreed but I wanna see how they live together in a mixed community...

Right now we're waiting on a fellow to come pick up a king bed frame, but I think he's ghosted me...that makes 3 ghostings in 2 days...jerks...and guess what...they both are young-ish by looking at their pics... >:(

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron