• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

Hump Day again…!

Started by Ron Sower, June 08, 2022, 11:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I started this at 11:55 so it will be afternoon by the time I finish it. Another very warm day on tap here with the current temp at 81 degrees and topping out at 86F by this afternoon. The rain that we were supposed to get yesterday never materialized but we are definitely getting some this evening (I hope) or tomorrow.

I just got back from my doctor's appointment . It was for my yearly physical but there was no problem getting my tramadol refilled even though I was early for the refill.

My bloodwork came back in pretty good shape except for my A1C being in the borderline range but still on the good side. He told me that my kidneys are functioning at the level of a 40 year old which I was happy to here. It's probably because all I drink is water and black coffee with no sugar.

My new bbs shipment arrived while I was out and I will scoop some out and place the rest of it in the freezer. Can't let my eggs get stale like I've done in the past.

Ron your weather sounds too hot for me. huh

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Harrumph!  That's no problem if you have an AC.  Mine isn't cooling at all and last night when I was in bed the hose fell off the portable AC.  I tried like the devil to put it back on.  I thought it would be easy since it fell off by itself but I I couldn't get it on period.  I'll try again later when I can handle more frustration.  I googled around and found that the easiest fix is using heat resistant hvac tape.  I ordered some to save a trip into town.  It will be here Friday.  Until then I'll just have to manage with box fans. It will be 94 today with a heat index of 100.  Thank God my house is under trees.

I sent off my last order of fish until the next group gets to breeding age.  They are close but I've seen no action yet.   I think I'll have 9 or 10 pairs.  Now that I have more empty tank space I will separate more pairs.  I also want to move my home bred Blue SS Discus from a 65 to a 90.

First I need to do some serious tidying.  It's gotten to the point where it isn't even acceptable to me.  That means that I'm living in a pig sty.  What makes it so difficult is that everything involves standing.  I can no longer stand and walk for long before I have to sit down.  What really sucks is that it can't be fixed with surgery and it will continue to get worse.  Next time I see the pain doctor I'm going to have to ask for stronger pain killers just to allow me to get along.

It's a pretty day here but hotter outside than inside.  There's a little breeze and it's just partly cloudy.

Sorry if I'm a downer today.  I shouldn't be.  I have flowers blooming right outside my window.  The garden is producing 'maters for me.  Ain't nothin' better than a home grown tomatoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tj4wIKMqEE
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Willie, you posted at the same time I did.  Good to hear your physical went well.  Good luck with the new BBS.  I would panic if I had young fry and no BBS.  My last batch kept hatching well until it was gone.  Of course I probably have fry more often than you so I go through a can faster even though a full can seems to last me forever.

I guess I've sat long enough to be able to get up for a bit and do some more cleaning. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Liz, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that much pain...I can stay up longer than I used to be able to, but by the end of the day I'm ready to get off my feet and rest my joints...especially on order picking days like today!...

And, Willie, good to know you're doing okay...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron