• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

Wonderful Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 27, 2022, 11:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

What an excellent day so far.  The sky is solid blue, we have a nice breeze and it's not going to get unbearably hot.  More flowers are blooming.  The garden is producing.  All is right with the world.

I was worried that my auction hadn't sold when I last posted yesterday.  After I posted 3 different people bought all my pairs!  3 guys want 2 pairs, the guy who thought I was screwing him on the shipping price decided to buy the last pair.  A friend needs a single male.  Imagine that.  I went from worry to unbelief.

First thing this morning I sent out invoiced.  Then I blanched squash for the shrimp and plecos.  Then I fed the fish.  Then I made chicken thighs for Tink in the pressure cooker.  As well as the usual veggies I put in, I put in a couple of cut up squash.  I found a recipe for a chicken salad with rice that calls for squash.  (can you tell that I have too much squash)

Finally I went to visit Jack who will not get well from this illness.  His daughters Sandra and April were both there.  Judy took me in to see Jack.  He knew me and was glad to see me.  I told him to hurry and get better because my lawn was turning into a pasture and he said that he hadn't been able to do anything for the past few days.  Then he was no longer lucid.  It was very sad.  Judy gave me some eggplant and potatoes from her garden.  I asked April to keep me up to date.  We gave hugs and I came home.  Death is a part of life, but it's hard of the survivors.

I have to run to the dollar store.  I need more plastic containers for the dog food and stock.  I've cooked so much lately that I've run out of containers to freeze stuff in.

Y'all have a good day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. I'm getting ready for T-Storms to start rolling through. I held off watering my flower bed in anticipation. Hopefully they come through and leave by the time I'm ready for my evening walk.

I got up and looked in on my ram fry and everything looks good so far. I was able to harvest the vinegar eels and microworms and that's what they ate last night and this morning.

A little while ago I harvested some bbs. I made two setups yesterday and put the Premium 90% in one setup and the San Francisco bbs in the other one. The Premium looks like a dud but the San Francisco was a good harvest.

This happens to me often when the operation has been idle and the bbs eggs are just coming out of the freezer. Luckily for me I got some live bbs to feed.

I'm prepping some water now for water changes on the fry tank after they finish eating their bbs. 

I would say I am having a good day so far. I hope everyone one else is having a good day too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, congrats on your two good days!  Would you believe it has been raining off and on again today?  I dumped a bucket of water, 6" in it.  Hard to remember when everything was bone dry here, recently.  I found baby horn worms eating my tomato plants today, grrrrrrrr.  My first healthy tomato plants, blooming, a few fruits already growing and now the worms are eating the leaves.  I picked off and squashed as many as I could find. But since I will be gone Sat. and Sun. I may come home to find way more eaten up.  Very irritated, but I don't use insecticide in my garden.  Maybe I can make up some soap/garlic spray for them.

Liz, my favorite flowers are the old ones, I will love your old yellow glads.  I have an old perennial to send you  sometime.  Oxalis, I got in 1979 from an elderly lady who had it forever in her gardens.  I have had it ever since and take it from house to house with me.
Have a good weekend everyone and I will see you here Sunday eve or Monday day.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I use use BT.  It's an organic worm killer.  The bacteria is naturally occurring in the soil.  The thing is, you have to spray everyday because it breaks down fast so it won't help while you're away.  The good thing is that it will get the tiny worms that you have not yet seen.  The darned things are so much the color of the tomato plant itself that you don't see them until they have done a huge amount of damage.  Keep it away from your pond, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.