• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 163
Total: 165

Cloudy and Wet Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, May 24, 2022, 06:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning folks. It is raining but it will stop soon and the clouds will stick around all day. Currently it is 61 degrees here with a forecasted high temp of 63F. That is way lower than what we had this past weekend.

Another day of putzing in the fishroom. Yesterday I was able to pull and move a snot cave from a 55G to a 5G tank. Since I see the babies swimming around this morning I will move the cave and the dad back into the big tank today. These are common bristlenose plecos that were sold to me as Green Dragons. They sure don't look green to me.  huh

My Black Ram fry are wiggling and look ready for takeoff. I am almost ready to pull the parents any minute now. I will set up my BBS operation this morning but I have vinegar eels and microworms ready to feed right now if they need it.

I'll check in with you all a little later with an update. Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good day people!...I hope all are well, including your pets... ;D   We're having a sunny warm day here in the Sonoran Desert....84 now and going to 94 this afternoon...

Nothing special to report...we're going to take a rare Fissidens "Thai" moss to a fellow at 1pm...then we're going to look into a sale on mattresses at Macy...

Maybe I can convince Lucy to go to the pool with me...from Friday afternoon thru Sunday she was sick with a stomach/intestinal viral disruption and started feeling better yesterday and was back to normal by last night...today she seems clear of this stuff...

Willie, you got the breeding thing going on, don't you?... seems like Liz does too ...Barb, how about you?...any new fry?

I hope all of you have a good Tuesday...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon gentlemen and hopefully Barb later.  I hope she survived the bad weather and didn't get hail.

Willie, it's raining here, too.  We are and have been is a spell of off and on rainy weather.  It's really hit and missed but it has mostly missed giving us a big soaking rain.  Maybe today.  BTW, I don't' suppose you are still pain free are you?  I've accepted the fact that I will be in pain for the rest of my life.

Ron, all my vast array of pets are doing well.  No missing chickens.  Isabel was almost obese.  She'd have made a meal for the mama fox and her kids that should keep predator fox away for a little while.  I have a guy in Hawaii who has contacted me about my Pitch Black Ram pairs.  This guy has purchased from me before and he orders many pairs at once. 

I'm down in the dumps because my good friend and favorite neighbor is home but on hospice.  If he goes I'll have lost another of my few best friends.  I always think, "Why couldn't have been me?". 

I'll check in tomorrow with maybe good news about fish sales.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody. no hail last night but the drought is over for now.  Many inches of rain fell in the dark.  All is wet and green out there now.  And my veg. garden still looks good.

Willie, did you read what I wrote on Sunday, about my Gold PS angel?    Liz, glad you have those fish sales to supplement your SS income.  Keep up the good work.  Ron, sometimes I wish I also lived in the desert, especially since I love to grow cactus and succulents.  Have way over 100 of them in my sunroom.  The only fish spawning here are my Endlers, by the hundreds.  I still enjoy those tiny colorful fish.

Here is a pic my daughter took of their pond the other day, it is way at the back of their 1 1/2 acre lot, up front is bare dirt where the house will go.  then they own another 1/2 acre 400 ft. away that will be their septic field since their land doesn't perk for it.  I am going to visit and see it all myself this weekend!
Barb

LizStreithorst

I am so envious.  Please take pics of everything when you go.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 24, 2022, 01:09:55 PM

Willie, did you read what I wrote on Sunday, about my Gold PS angel?   
Barb

Hey Barb. I did read the message and was thinking about it but I have to get up to NYC and back a couple of times over the next couple of months and I think getting in a trip to NC and back might be a bit much for me. Also I have already set Big Boy up with a prospective lady. They are in a 55G with a partition between them. So far there is a lot of curiosity between them. Thanks for the offer.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on May 24, 2022, 01:09:55 PM
Hi everybody. no hail last night but the drought is over for now.  Many inches of rain fell in the dark.  All is wet and green out there now.  And my veg. garden still looks good.

Willie, did you read what I wrote on Sunday, about my Gold PS angel?    Liz, glad you have those fish sales to supplement your SS income.  Keep up the good work.  Ron, sometimes I wish I also lived in the desert, especially since I love to grow cactus and succulents.  Have way over 100 of them in my sunroom.  The only fish spawning here are my Endlers, by the hundreds.  I still enjoy those tiny colorful fish.

Here is a pic my daughter took of their pond the other day, it is way at the back of their 1 1/2 acre lot, up front is bare dirt where the house will go.  then they own another 1/2 acre 400 ft. away that will be their septic field since their land doesn't perk for it.  I am going to visit and see it all myself this weekend!
Barb
...I'm imagining catfish, bluegills and largemouth bass in that pond!!! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron