• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 01:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

Spring Is Back Monday

Started by wsantia1, May 23, 2022, 06:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We woke up to a refreshing 65 degrees this morning and our high temp will top out at 77F. The winds are at 12 mph but it feels great after the record breaking temps that we had over the past weekend.

I'll be in the fishroom most of the day moving some things around. I have Black Ram wigglers and some snot fry to attend to this morning.

I probably shouldn't announce this but I have no aches and pains this morning and it is the first time that I've felt this good in a while. I know it won't last but I'll enjoy it while I can.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie!...No aches and pains??....how can that be???... |^|. How are you 2 girls doing this morning?...

Our weather is flirting with triple digits now and the next 10 days...it will bounce back and forth on both sides of the 100 with sunny skies...

I don't know what all I'll be doing today, but I know some time will be spent in the fishroom...maybe some sunning and lolly-gagging in the pool later on...

Our mail carrier is retiring this month...the park management had a nice retirement "party" for him Friday... I went over to it for a short period of time to thank and congratulate him...thought you might appreciate this tidbit, Willie!!! ;D ...I've always liked my mail carriers...

I hope all the dogs, cats, chickens, turtles, fish and plants are doing well today...

Happy aquariuming!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

'Morning gents.  Willie I hope your nice Spring sticks around this time.  I'm delighted to hear that you're pain free.  I hope that situation sticks around as well.  Ron, all the members of my animal family are doing well today.  Willie and Barb live alone like me.  They really do become your family.  They give you as much joy when they are well and as much feelings of desolation when something bad happens to them. 

Bed Time came into bed at her normal time last night.  I guess she's my new favorite chicken.  She was upset just like me when the fox got Isabel.  She's pretty much over it and I've come to accept that this will be the fate of all of my hens unless Shawn and April get busy on their chicken coop.  I hate so see my ladies confined but they need to be safe and I can't keep them safe.

I really have nothing I need to do today.  I'd mow if the mower would keep running after it cranked, but it won't and I don't want the frustration of trying to fix it and fail.  I did scatter some Zinnia seeds in the garden to be that I don't know if I'll ever get fenced.  The chickens may or may not eat them.  I've picked some more squash and gave another one to the snots.  I know that I'll be overrun with squash this year.  It's weird with squash.  Either you have a bounty or none at all.  I'll have a deer meat sausage from Shawn's freezer with sauteed squash and onions today.

I see a few fry left feeding on their parents.  Next time I'll take dad out.  I just had to give him one last chance.  Mom doesn't get as dark but she is much more laid back than daddy.  If that doesn't work the only thing left is artificial rearing and that's not what I want.  If it weren't do difficult, maybe.  But it's hard to set up and a lot of work caring for the spawn.

I finally got around to listing my Pitch Black pairs on AB.  I should have done it yesterday but I spent all day crying in my beer.  Didn't even do a WC in the fish room.  I don't have much to do down there today but it will be good for all the fish for me to squeeze sponges and do wipe downs before I do a WC.  There are some folks who run many tanks with multiple sponges who put one from every tank and put them in the washing machine (no soap of course).  That idea appeals to me but I dont' have that many spare sponges.

Barb, you missed us yesterday.  Hope we hear from you today.  How's your fat cat doing?

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Ron that was nice of your community and you to congratulate your mail carrier on his retirement . Most mail carriers work very hard. |^| |^| |^| Unfortunately for me, my mail carrier switched to a different route so we are having rotating carriers for a while. I never know when my mail is coming these days. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, MY HIP HURTS.  Now that I have said that, on to more important things.  Read my late Sunday message too please.  My city is under a severe storm warning right now, threat of high wind and hail  It if hails, that is the end to my little garden.  Liz I have mostly unfertile zucchini blooms but I do see 3 tiny zucchs. in there too.  Tomato plants making blooms too.  1 eggplant blooms is making a fruit.  My pond is doing well but no sign of my baby turtle since the day after I put it in there.  But I have not seen a dead turtle in or out of the pond.  So I am hoping it is still in there but hiding since it is so small and young.  Will be a happy day if I ever see it again.  It is sooooo very cute, or was.

My mom is well, I go visit her every other day and do her laundry twice a week, she goes through a lot of clothing due to her dementia and other issues. No need to explain, but you can guess.  I rarely see other family or friends visiting the long term care patients there.  Seem they are just put there to die.  Not my mom, I won't do that.  I try to cheer her up all the time and it works.

Going on a weekend trip to see my kids, spouses, dogs, 2 friends, and more.  Will spend the night at a hotel along the way.  I especially want to see the 2 acres of land my daughter and SIL just bought to put their brand new manufactured home on in a small town about 3o min drive from their city jobs.  Their land has a pond!!!!!!!!  Surrounded by woods!!!!!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, please post or email me pics of the new piece of land.  I always wanted a big pond stocked with fish where I could just toss in my pole and wile away the day.

I'm so sorry about your hip pain.  Chronic pain really wears you down, doesn't it?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hey Barb...I'd like to see pics too!!,...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron