• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:45:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 136
Total: 136

Sad Sunday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 22, 2022, 11:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

At least for me.  I hope not for y'all.

My Discus fry were free swimming this morning so I dumped them into the tank to be with their parents.  I don't have much hope that this spawn will be successful.  I'm afraid of dad eating them.  I went to remove him from the tank yesterday and when I did I saw 2 fry from the last spawn eating from his sides.  I decided that if I ignored the tank he wouldn't freak out and eat the kids.  I knew it was a long shot but worth a try.  When I went down there to feed this morning I saw just a couple of fry so like I said, my hopes aren't high.  They'll spawn again and I'll take dad out next time for sure.  I sure have strange Discus.

Later I went out to feed Charlotte and check on how the vegetables are coming on.  I noticed that Isabel wasn't around.  She is always around when I go out in the morning.  She talks chicken talk to me and I talk English to her.  We both like it.  Then I remembered that her best chicken friend Bed Time came in the house and jumped on the bed while I was resting before WC.  She was very restless jumping on and off the bed.  I wondered why but thought nothing of it.  I put 2 and 2 together when I saw that Isabel was missing.  I went looking for a pile of feathers and found one.  My chicken pet got taken by the fox.

l did get my Pitch Black and Dutch Blue Ram babies moved to their larger tank yesterday.  The Pitch Black kids are having a party in the 100.  They are small but many.  They general occupy either one side of the tank or the other.  There is a big Amazon Sword in the middle.  When they get bored with one side they all swim in a huge school to the other side.  Their are  5 rescued Discus spawn from last time in with the Rams.  The Discus school right along with the rams.  It's cool.  It makes me feel good.

I gave the shrimp and snots their first squash from my garden this morning.  They tackled it right away.  The snots a have almost eaten all of it.  That made me feel good too. 

Stubby is doing well.  We had the shower that Barb was hoping for.  It cooled it down so much that I was comfortable with AC last night.

I have a pot roast to make, but I'm not in the cooking mood yet.  It'll put me in a better mood when I start cooking.  I think I'll make myself do it now.  I've had enough of being miserable and it's a good time to cook cause it's still cool.  Sorry to be a downer friends.  It's nothing,  I always get over it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Liz I am so sorry to hear about your rough luck today. Hope things will start to get better soon. Are you getting more chickens anytime soon?

It's another hot day here but I looked the forecast and tomorrow's high temp will be 69 degrees. We are going from one extreme to the next.

I was in the fishroom looking at how I can move fish around so I can free up some more tanks. I'm going to need a tank to move my ram pair into so that I can leave the fry in the 10G.

I found a tank for them but I will have to move the current occupant which is a large murderous Platinum P/S Angel that has killed a couple of tank mates. For the time being I will drop him into a lower level 20G until I figure out what to do. One idea I have is to introduce him to a female via a partitioned 55G. I have a partition (egg crate) but can't find it. He was a good breeder but his mate died. No, he didn't kill her.   

I decided that I wanted some ribs for dinner and I got up and made them early this morning before the high heat started to roast us. I finished cooking them in the oven at 10:30 am and they were the best ribs that I've made in a while. I think I'll be having an early dinner tonight.

Check on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

The pot roast is in with it's goodies in the pressure cooker.  I'm in a better mood, just like I figured.  Now I need to think of something else that will give me joy.

Willie, find the egg crate.  That's a good idea of introducing him gently to another pretty lady.  What variety is the lady fish?

I won't get more chickens until this fox is gone.  I may never get more chickens again.  The joy I'm getting from them doesn't outweigh the sadness  I get when I lose them one after another. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz I have a few of his daughters. I also have a couple of Koi ladies if I want to experiment. He is from one of the Plats I got from you a couple of years back.

He is also the father of the remaining 5 Albinos that are in a 75. I think they are all ladies and I know one  paired with my one eyed Koi male. Unfortunately the Koi male swims sideways because of the missing eye so he never fertilizes the eggs. Lots to choose from here. huh lol
Willie

Ron Sower

Hi you two...and Barb!... :D

You two have lots of fishy things going on...meanwhile my PBs spawned yet again and it's a larger clutch of eggs..this time the parents are running everybody off...new behavior for them...I'm still not expecting much from this spawn in a community tank...

Liz, that's a real pisser about your chickens...sorry it's going that way for you...

We had a club council meeting today at a member's home an hour drive from me...he made a delicious chicken casserole and I made a Jackson salad that everyone liked...after lunch we had a good review and planning session...I need to contact our VP and let him know he's no longer VP...he just doesn't show up for meetings any more or comes for 10-15 minutes and leaves...everyone wanted another one on our council to take his place and voted for him!! |^| ...I tried to get someone to take my place, but they all said NO, and that I was like a Supreme Court justice...in it for life ;D  huh ...Well, I tried!...

We also firmed up our calendar schedule for the rest of the year, and I filled them in on thoughts I have for next year and possible speakers I've contacted already...and they came up with some others which is always a help...

Lucy has been sick with an stomach/intestinal bug since Friday...finally today she's feeling better...on my way home she called me and wanted a milkshake and cheeseburger from In'n'Out...so I know she's better!...she has her appetite back!!!...

That's all I got today, folks....happy aquariuming!!! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, I really wish we had In and Out burgers here. It's been a long time since I've had some. huh
Willie

Ron Sower

If you come visit us, I'll buy you one! ;) ;) ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi all, really late to this thread but want to comment anyway.  Liz I am very sorry about Isabel.  You are so brave to keep trying with chickens, I could not stand the sadness.  Wilie, I have a lone female gold PS plat, angel, also from Liz several years ago.  She is my only angel and now lives in my discus tank, she is mild and friendly. And always filled with eggs!  Wish I could give her to you for your male. Want to come get her??? Ron, what is Jackson salad? Hope Lucy is all well now and you don't have what she had.  Now to go read today's posts.
Barb

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron