• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:37:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

Saturday is play day

Started by LizStreithorst, May 21, 2022, 10:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I got going earlier this morning than usual.  I did a load of laundry earlier then headed to Ellisville.  The pharmacy closes an noon on Saturday and they had the Tramadol that I need.  I was almost to the point of having a nicotine fit so it was crucial that I get to the beer/nicotine store.  I was out of ice cream as well, which necessitated going to the Corner Market.  I always look for a bargain in the meat department and they had a sale on chuck roast.  I found a beauty and then had to buy all the stuff that goes in it.  I didn't think I would be cooking for a while but I was wrong.  I'll make a nice pot roast tomorrow.

Today is for playing with fish.  I have to do my duty to the 125 in the office.  That tank needs a total re-scape, but that will feel like a chore right now.  I want to play in the fish room.  I've decided to move my spawn of Pitch Black Rams from the 30 they're into an empty 100.  The fish are very small, but there are so many they are crowded in the 30.  I guess I'll move my Dutch Blue Ram fry from the 10 their in now to the30 that will be vacated by the Blacks.

My older Discus pair are about to have free swimming fry.  I've decided not to do anything special.  I won't remove or cover the filter, I won't lower the water level.  I won't let the parents catch me looking at them.  My thought is that I've been disturbing them by doing so many things to "help" them and staring at their tank all the time.  I can't help but get my hopes up when this pair spawns.  I know I shouldn't.

Stubby is doing so well I would have never known that he was ever hurt.  You can't imagine how wonder that makes me feel.  I can do without central AC but I can't not have surgery on one of my dogs that needs surgery.

I hope that all of you have a great day.  Willie, I hope you get used to summer.  We were lucky this year.  We actual had a nice long Spring.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning folks. It's another hot one today with the current temp at 88 degrees and getting up to a high temp of 93F this afternoon. The feels like temp will be over 100 when we are at our peak high. Since we are not used to the hot weather yet, it actually will feel worse than it really is. Normal high temps for this area at this time of year is 75 degrees.

Liz, that Pitch Black pair that I moved to a 10G at your suggestion has spawned. Not a huge spawn but it will be over 100 eggs. They are doing a good job tending to the eggs and I haven't seen any white eggs yet.

All of my new guppies are doing well so far. They are mostly in 10 gallon tanks and as soon as they start reproducing I can take them to the fish club auctions that we have monthly. I don't have a problem auctioning off the guppies for cheap. The Rams (when I get some) are a different story.

I was supposed to be downsizing a while back and I did get down to 20 tanks. I did a count yesterday and that number has creeped back up to 28 tanks. huh

The good thing is that I don't anticipate adding any more tanks since with a few moves of fish I can create growout space for fry. In a pinch I can set up a new 75G that's been sitting on my basement floor for the last couple of years. That tank is supposed to be a replacement for an old 75 gallon tank that is still doing the job.

See you all a little later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good luck with the Ram spawn, Willie.  I had another pair spawn yesterday.  I have 2 confirmed pairs now.  I'll put up an ad on AB tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

wsantia1

Well folks we are up to 95 degrees it feels like 103. huh  ::)
Willie

Barb

Hi you two, and Ron later.  So good to hear Stubby is doing well Liz.  I feel the same about my cats, like yo are with your dogs.  My huge cat Sadie has an issue, that will cost me a bundle soon.  More about that another time, when I find out the verdict.  Willie, it is hot here too, but a storm may blow in tonight that might cool it off. Feels like August now.  Don't forget to save me some guppies, I would like a tank of them again, been many years since I had any.  Happy fishrooming you all.  I am the only one of us here with no fishroom.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 21, 2022, 03:22:19 PM
Hi you two, and Ron later.  So good to hear Stubby is doing well Liz.  I feel the same about my cats, like yo are with your dogs.  My huge cat Sadie has an issue, that will cost me a bundle soon.  More about that another time, when I find out the verdict.  Willie, it is hot here too, but a storm may blow in tonight that might cool it off. Feels like August now.  Don't forget to save me some guppies, I would like a tank of them again, been many years since I had any.  Happy fishrooming you all.  I am the only one of us here with no fishroom.
Barb

Barb I promise to send you guppies before I give (auction) any way. I am still trying get a colony that I like going.
Willie