• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

Tuesday Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 17, 2022, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My check arrived, the bills have been paid and it's time to get the freezer stocked with delicious one person me meals.  I needed to pick up a few things at the store but had most of what I need on hand for New Orleans Red Beans and Rice today and Coq au vin tomorrow.  The mushrooms for the Coq au Vin were on sale so I bought double what I need because the mushrooms pack a wallop of unami.   I'm making the Red Beans and Rice with black beans this time.  I had a lb. of dried in the pantry so why not.  I added a can of kidney beans in case they contained something magic that black beans don't.  The horse and dogs are good for almost weeks and I'm not going to have to starve either.

I'm pleased that I had my spark plugs changed even though the mechanic said that I didn't need to.  The owner's manual said it was time and I called an automobile mechanic expert on the radio.  I told him that my mileage had dropped from 38 mpg. to 35.3 and was dropping faster over time.  He suggested that it was the plugs.  It took so long for it to start coming up I thought I'd wasted my money.  I'm up from 35.3 mpg. to 36.7 and it keeps going up.  Gas has finally gone to over $4. a gallon here.  Filling up is a kick in the head.

I moved my huge spawn of Pitch Black Rams from a 20 to a 30 last week.  They're just little guys but they're so many that I'm going to have to move them into a 60 wide in another week.  My excellent spawn of Dutch Blues will be moved from their 10 gallon to the 30 when the blacks are moved.  I wish that I could breed my Discus as easily as I can breed my Rams.

I'm sad to tell y'all that I lost a young hen the evening before last and another between yesterday morning than this morning.  I'm down to 4 young hens and 4 older hens, two who have been broody since time began.  I wish my neighbor April would build her chicken coop so that I could give her all the hens except for Isabel and Bed Time.  The fox will continue to help herself until they're all gone, but Isabel and Bed Time are in their 3rd year and they're my pets.  Of course chickens adapt to different conditions so I could change my mind about giving them away.

That's it for today, folks.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. It is another nice day here with the temp at 84 degrees with a nice breeze coming through making it feel great outside.

I've been healing up a bit and I think I dodged a severe relapse of my back problems because I feel much better today. I still did not do much but tomorrow I have to get off of my ass and get back to work in the fishroom.

Liz I am so sorry to hear about your diminishing flock of chickens. Could there be multiple foxes snatching them up. I don't know much about foxes or chickens so I don't have any solutions and I'm just curious.

Liz your menu sounds delicious but I had to look up what unami was. huh While I was looking it up I also found this interesting info:

Unami (Delaware: Wënami èlixsuwakàn)[2] was an Algonquian language spoken by the Lenape people in the late 17th century and the early 18th century, in what then was (or later became) the southern two-thirds of New Jersey, southeastern Pennsylvania and the northern two-thirds of Delaware, but later in Ontario and Oklahoma. It is one of the two Delaware languages, the other being Munsee. The last fluent speaker in the United States, Edward Thompson, of the Delaware Tribe of Indians, died on August 31, 2002.[1] His sister Nora Thompson Dean (1907–1984) provided valuable information about the language to linguists and other scholars.

Have a great evening everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.