• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Happy hump day

Started by LizStreithorst, May 18, 2022, 10:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  I did the chicken count this morning early and I still have 9.

Willie I'll talk to my neighbors Jack and Judy about the fox.  I know that Judy used to feed it.  Last time I heard there was only one.  But I did hear it's bark/screech a while back and wondered if she was a lady fox and bark/screeching because she was in heat.  If there was a male anywhere around she will have gotten bred and is now raising babies.  I'm just guessing.  I'll see if Jack and Judy are still putting out food for it.  If so, and if it's a female with babies she'll be bringing them up with her to get the free meal.

Stubby hurt his right rear leg yesterday morning.  I have no idea what happened.  I gave him a pain pill but he was no better this morning.  He's at the vet right now.  They'll call me after they examine him.  I hope it's nothing that will cost a bundle.

On the bright side one of the pairs of Pitch Black Rams I separated spawned during the night.  They're so young I wasn't positive of their sex which becomes more obvious as they get older.  I can't believe that they start spawning at such a young age.  It's time to start advertising them for sale.

So that's the news from here.  I found out that Red Beans and Rice is better with red beans than black beans.  The black beans don't break down as well to make the broth thick and flavorful.  I'll throw in another can of kidney beans and hit it with the immersion blender before I put it in the freezer.

I'll have to put off the Coq au Vin until tomorrow.  I don't want to be in the middle of searing chicken or sautéing veggies when the vet calls about stubby.  What's everyone else going on?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I feel like I'm talking to myself....

Stubby is back home.  The doctor thinks that he has torn his ACL.  I opted to try rest and pain meds before having X rays and surgery.  Keep your fingers crossed that he gets better with rest and meds.  Everyone was certain that Big Head would need knee surgery but he got better with rest.  His knees are still terrible but he doesn't limp.  BTW, Stubby's on the same stuff that I'm on.  Meloxicam and Gabapentin.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. For some reason I thought I already posted. huh I guess I've been busy with water changes and all.

Liz these vet bills are ridiculous. I am seeing the vet again because of Kobe's stomach issues. I have to idea what got into him but I couldn't stop the diarrhea like I usually do. I think we have turned the corner now and he may soon give me a normal poop.

He is drinking a lot of water and not vomiting and the pooping has stopped for now. The vet said that all things considered he is in pretty good condition. My wallet sure isn't. huh

List put me down for some more Black Rams when they are ready. I really like them even if I can't raise them like you do. The weird thing is that I was able to raise the gold ones from the Pitch Blacks but the black ones always died off. huh

I know Ron is on vacation and I hope Barb is ok. I'll check in later
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, if you want another pair or 2 just shoot me a PM.  I promised folks who inquired that I'd post the pairs for sale on their forums before I listed them on AB.  I've just had 1 inquiry so far and haven't heard back from the guy.  The confirmed pair is still available.

Yes, vet bills are tough.  I don't think that my vets are ridiculously priced, though.  Today was $114.  They gave Stubby a very complete and through exam because he'd never been to the vet before.  They also popped him with a rabies because they they have to by law.

Everything about him was as I had expected including his leg.  He's his heart and lungs are good his pulses are strong, his abdomen palpates normally his ears are clean and his eyes are fine, his teeth and gums are in good condition his skin is healthy and his coat is shiny.

Since the doctor couldn't palpate a fracture and his knee caps are solid she thinks it must be a tear in the ACL.  If there was luxation it would have meant an unsound knee.  I'm afraid that I have to agree that's an ACL tear.  But what I'm hoping is that he just twisted the hell out of it and it will heal with rest and drugs.  Otherwise I'll be counting my ram pairs as how much they will bring toward the surgery bills.

I hope Kobi gets better soon.  There's not much fun in picking up bad poop all the time.  It's hard for him, too because when he has to go he has to go NOW. 

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, I am OK.  Just have been busy the last few days and not online much.  Sorry about Kobe and his digestive disorder Willie, and your Stubby Liz, hope his leg gets better and doesn't need surgery.  I also am taking Meloxicam for my leg/hip pain.  It really works, along with Turmeric twice a day.  The Dr. was right.

Night before last, Monday night about 8, a terrible storm blew into my area.  High wind, pouring rain and worst of all lots of lightening and thunder.  It was very scary. I had the local TV station on and they told  everyone to take shelter in their safe place.  I just sat terrified in my LR with one cat, the other 3 were hiding, I couldn't have found them, so if I blew away they would be with me in OZ.  Next morning I found out a tornado touched down only 11 miles from me, and did damage to houses and trees.  I hate bad weather.

Otherwise all is well here,  see you tomrrow,
Barb