• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:17:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Drizzling Friday

Started by wsantia1, May 13, 2022, 06:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning folks. It's Friday and after a couple of days of beautiful weather it is drizzling today and we will be getting on and off rain throughout the weekend. The only good thing is that the winds are light.

I need to get my water changes done and I need to set up a 20G to put the Pitch Black Ram pair in. They are still protecting the eggs but most of them are white.

I suppose that it is a challenge to fertilize the eggs in a community tank setting. The good thing is that there are a few fertilize eggs among the white ones so I know that they tried. Liz, do you think a 10 gallon tank will work for the pair. I usually use a 20H but I don't have any available at the moment.

I am going back down to the Lab (fishroom) to figure out a new setup. I let things get a little sloppy and inefficient down there.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

A 10 should work just fine.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Ron Sower

Hello Willie, Liz....and Barb...and Greg!

It's 64* now and going 30* higher this afternoon...with sunny skies...we're getting started moving into our hot weather now...it'll be over 100*soon...

Only thing I have on my list today is picking and bagging plants this afternoon...

Good luck with your fry, Liz and Willie!...

Make it a good day, folks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I just typed more and it disappeared on me.

I did a head count on chickens earlier this morning.  I still have all 10.  The dogs scared off the critter before it was able to snag a free meal.  Usually the dogs don't see it until after the fact when the damage has already been done.  I sure hope they gave that critter a good enough scare to keep it from coming back for a long while.

The rain is gone.  Last night's forecast changed by this morning.  I'm going to separate some just sexable pitch black rams into pairs today.  I have people waiting for pairs and I need to see how many I have.

Other than than that I'll just be doing normal stuff.  There are no jobs that must be done.

Hope everyone has a happy Friday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

My Ram eggs all turned white but the parents were still guarding them. I moved the pair into a 10G tank and another two rams moved into that spot and ate the eggs. They are a gold and black pair.

The gold one is bred from two black parents that I got from Liz a while back. We'll see what they do but in the meantime I'll be focused the the black pair in the 10 gallon tank.
Willie

Barb

Writing for the second time, why does it keep disappearing on me??????  I missed you yesterday but here I am, wondering if this post will go away too.  I am busy keeping 2 ducks out of my little goldfish pond.  They are scaring the fish, pooping in the water, don't know if there is a nest of eggs somewhere in my now heavily planted backyard.  I have searched but they hide well.  The wind finally left, after many days of it.  And there was some rain, but much more is needed.  Glad you all have good fish things going on, and Ron with his big plant business besides his fish.  I am fine, keeping as busy as I can, and enjoying life.  My only issue is my right hip.  See you all here tomorrow, it is my mom's 98th birthday!  Will take her out for a special lunch.
Barb