• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 163
Total: 164

Cloudy Thursday

Started by wsantia1, May 12, 2022, 11:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. Hopefully you are all okay. I'm good but a little tired from a lack of sleep. It is a cloudy but comfortable 70 degrees with the chance of a shower later this evening. There is also a chance of the rain continuing overnight and into the early morning hours.

I see that I have a new pair of Pitch Black Rams that are sitting on a spawn they laid overnight. So far the eggs appear fertile. This pair is from the last group of young Rams that I got from Liz.

They've probably been spawning in this tank (community) for a while but this time they are out in the open on a piece of driftwood for all to see.

I am trying to make up my mind whether to pull the pair, pull the spawn or both. I'll decide soon enough but I probably will pull the pair.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Congrats Willie!... |^|  You must be doing something right in that tank!...

There are a few of the discus eggs still on the heater...I don't have much hope for them...

Here at noon, it's 83 and our high will be 85-ish...sunny..

Today is card playing day here at our house...just the 4 of us...Ron, Charlotte, Lucy and I will be playing...

We got our orders pulled, bagged, boxed and mailed last night...we're adding small cold packs to the boxes now....testing to see how they workout...we're getting a little bit more efficient each week now...Tuesday Lucy and I went to visit an aquatic fert manufacturer to possibly carry his line of frets and tissue cultured plants...it's a young company and we can see the possibility of a strategic partnership to grow with each other...

Hope you're all having a good day...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Willie, either pull the eggs of pull the pair and the eggs.  Don't you want to have a shot at raising them.  Ask me for advice any time.  I check in several times a day for no apparent reason.

Ron are the pair in a breeding tank?   How is the heater placed.  If it's not laying on the bottom of the tank it should be.  Put a broken or unplugged heater where the other heater was.  Trust me.  I know my way around Discus.  Harder problems than yours have been solved. 

Morning up to the late afternoon sucked.  This afternoon is glorious.  There is a storm brewing.  I love a thunder storm.  I like to sit outside in one enjoying the thunder and lightning until I get too wet.  I'm afrai  d I'll miss it this evening but we may have more tomorrow.  They're always hit and miss.

I've been to the pain doctor.  I haven't had weed in over a month.  I haven't had a beer in over 24 hrs.  He talked to me and refilled my prescriptions.  I took my morning dose of pain meds right after I'd peed in the cup.  It took forever so see the doctor.  My doctor is busy and takes time to talk to his patients.  I'd rather wait forever than hot have the attention of my doctor.

As soon as I came home I cracked a beer and loaded my pipe.  We're supposed to have  thorms.  It was way more threatening an hour ago than now.  I love a thunderstorm.  I decided to miss evening feeding and WC.  I don't care.  The fish will survive.   I only miss once in a while and do an early morning chore.  My South American Cichlids like lots of clean water.

The dogs went off on a huge bark and chase this morning.  I don't always get up when I hear a multi dog bark.  Mostly it's nothing.  I tell them to hush and they do.  When a delivery truck shows up they bark differently.  They love my UPS guy.  He always gives each one a treat.  This bark was way different from most of their barks.  I went outside and saw critter headed to the woods.  The rye grass is so high that I couldn't see if it was a coyote of the fox.  i imagine it was the fox.  The dogs followed it down into the woods.  They're not hunting dogs and I'm not a hunter.  I just hope that they put the fear of God in it for a while.

Tomorrow is another day.
Always move forward. Never look back.