• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, May 11, 2022, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Mug friends.  Last night I checked in rather late, wrote a good long post, then it all disappeared   >:(

So I will try again and hope this one posts. Dennis if you read this, any idea why this happens? Very frustrating.  It is very windy lately, for at least the last 3 days, and quite cool.  Liz I wish there was some MS heat up this way.  I want my veg garden to do well and it needs heat.  June 1 begins the hurricane season.  Lasts until Nov 30.

My fish are all well, cats too.  Liz you seem to be on a fish breeding roll now.  Good luck with them!  Ron is on a plant roll, and Willie and I are just keeping busy with all our usual stuff.  I would like to do pottery but can't stand at the counter for long, so that will have to wait.  You all have a good day out there,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I was out yesterday and got home late so I didn't get a chance to post. That's why I like posting in the early morning before I get really busy.

Even though the weather is warming up it has been really windy so it has been difficult to really appreciate the warmer temps.

I took Kobe to the daycare for grooming today. He gets to play a bit before he gets groomed. I haven't taken him to daycare for play purposes since the pandemic started and I know he misses it but he's gotten older and I am being more cautious with him.

Hopefully you all will have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

'morning lady and gentleman.  Barb, I wish I could send you some of my heat.  It will hit 91 today.  After I post I'm going to hook up the sprinkler in the veggie garden.  It's almost bone dry.  Can you believe that so far I have been comfortable without the AC?  It's true, but this won't last forever.

The Discus are free swimming and attached to the parents.  I had problems with the last spawn.  They were attracted to the sponge.  I've always gotten a pair of white nylon stockings to cover the sponge with, but since nurses on longer have to wear a white uniform they impossible to find.  I improvised.

I will be house cleaning today.  My kitchen is filthy.  I didn't clean up after I made Tink her chicken yesterday.

Tomorrow I have the pain doctor at 1:30.  I'll pee in a cup and he'll refill my Tramadol.  No beer for me today.  But I'll be able to have 2 months of pot smoking once the doctor fixes me up.  That will be nice.

It's almost 9 and I'm still in my jammies.  Time to get my ass in gear.  See y'all later.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I'm up early today...didn't take my herbs last night!...

It's 62 now...going to be a tad cooler today with a sunny highof 87+...no wind ATM, but that definitely could change...

I've been watching my outdoor 125 tank and so far the temp has peaked at 82 and the plants appear fine...I'm leaving the airstones off in the daytime and on at night, and I have a fan to blow across it when the water temp starts to rise on the hotter days...I may have to get a chiller for the summer months...

I'm trying to get black worms from Eastern Aquatics, but he doesn't want to ship here with our temps above 90...he won't guarantee live delivery because UPS trucks can be 25 degrees hotter than the ambient temps...bummer...I'll Have to depend on freeze dried black worms and frozen blood worms for several months for my discus and Altum angels...

Today is shipping day...only about 20 orders so far...we'll pick and bag this afternoon...

Monday night the PBs spawned again...there actually are eggs still on the heater this morning!...I see a few white ones that I hope they'll pick off today...I still don't expect the fry to hatch...if they do, then they probably won't survive with the angels in there...what's a typical incubation period for discus eggs at 86 degrees?...

Tomorrow is card game day..pretty soon our last regular card couple will take off for camping/road trips throughout the summer...they just bought a small camping trailer...and we will be recruiting different players for our weekly games!...if Linda liked riding in the car, I would be planning road trips too...we will do short ones this summer with max driving time of 4-5 hours...but alas, long car trips are not good for her...

I may get to the pool this morning after running a couple errands...

I wish all of you a good day!... |^|

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, when I used to buy the blackworms I got them from Eastern. They are near me and I used to get them overnight. They were good quality except for the occasional leech I would find now and again. My Altums made quick work of them.

I also fed them freeze them freeze dried black worms with spirulina that I got from somebody on Simply whose name escapes me. I'm sure Liz knows who I am talking about. Now I feed them mostly flake food, frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 11, 2022, 09:24:45 AM
Ron, when I used to buy the blackworms I got them from Eastern. They are near me and I used to get them overnight. They were good quality except for the occasional leech I would find now and again. My Altums made quick work of them.

I also fed them freeze them freeze dried black worms with spirulina that I got from somebody on Simply whose name escapes me. I'm sure Liz knows who I am talking about. Now I feed them mostly flake food, frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp.
...I've been buying them from Eastern for several months now...great quality...wish I could get them right now because I'm trying to grow the Altums big!... my friend that got me interested in them has some 12 tall or more!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, your eggs should wiggle in 3 days unless the heater cooks them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 11, 2022, 12:09:44 PM
Ron, your eggs should wiggle in 3 days unless the heater cooks them.
. Tomorrow then...if they're still there! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron