• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 153
Total: 154

Calmer Monday

Started by wsantia1, May 09, 2022, 06:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. After a weekend of miserable weather the sun is out and we will get into the high 60s this afternoon. It is still windy but nowhere near as windy as it was over the weekend.

Due to all of that wind I have to re-stake the tree in the front yard. At one time I thought the young tree was going to snap. It looks like it made it through the weekend but the stakes keeping it straight are pretty beat up.

I have to finish assembling the lawn furniture for my backyard patio. I think that it's finally time to get ready for summer after a very short spring.

You all have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie, and the rest of you Muggers!....

This will be short today...we're taking Jen to the airport in a few minutes...it has been a nice visit...

Not much going on today...I hope all of you have a good day!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well, shame on me.  After being so happy to see everyone check in and say hi Satruday i missed yesterday.  I don't even have a good reason.  It's not like I was busy.

I sent my first box of fish off today using UPS next day air saver.  It was lovely to be able to just drive up the road to ship.  I know it costs them nothing to help me out but it's still damn nice of them.  I used a USPS medium box and it only cost $30. to ship.  It would have cost over $50. using the post office and delivery would be 2 day not next day.  It will only be a couple of weeks before my next batch is ready to go.  I can't wait.  I feel so much better about the fish arriving on time and well.
The folks there love good free range eggs.  Next time I get a dozen I'll run them up there.

Speaking of chickens I heard a clunk out by the chicken house and the dogs went on a big bark.  I was sure that I would see a pile of feathers when I checked this morning but I didn't.  I fed their treat and they all showed up so I didn't loose one.  I worry about that fox getting them all the time.  Since I can't seem to keep them from roosting in my holly tree I'm afraid I'm going to have Shawn cut it down for me when he gets back from work on the oil rig on the coast.

My Discus spawn should free swim tomorrow.  I'm excited.  Even though I shouldn't get my hopes up they are up.

Willie and Barb I'm so sorry that you keep having miserable weather.  It must feel like a punishment.  It's spring.  Spring is the best time year.  You guys are having to suffer when you shouldn't have to.  Winter is punishment enough.

Barb, it's been a while since your surgery.  Is the incision healing well?  I'm surprised that it's giving you so much pain.

Yesterday I picked a bouquet of Iris and ran them up to Judy for a mother's day gift.  She said that she was just about to call but was waiting until the crawfish were ready.  She wanted me to join them but I had just eaten, my back needed rest, and I felt uncomfortable joining them.  I felt like I was crashing their party.  I excused myself by telling her that I was full and I my back was wanting me to lie down both of which were true.  She called this morning and had me run up and get a full gallon of Crawfish and all the wonderful stuff in with it...corn on the cob, potatoes, and spicy sausage.  Right now I'm pigging out.  |eat| ;D.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz, is the holly tree where  the chickens are getting caught by the fox? I have a small holly tree in the mulch bed in front of my house. I love it. I usually have birds that nest in there and I have seen a couple of box turtles cooling off in there too over the years.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Yes Willie,  That's where the most of the hens prefer to roost at night.  It's a female tree so I hate to loose it.  But's in the shade so it never produces but a few berries.  It's not a very densely leaved tree, either.  It just doesn't get enough sun.  I have 2 other beautiful big female holly trees that produce well.  The birds have a party eating their berries.  It won't be a great loss so loose the one by the chicken house.  I have more to gain than loose by having it cut down.
Always move forward. Never look back.