• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Wet Saturday

Started by wsantia1, May 07, 2022, 06:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is raining, the winds are gusting up to 31 mph and it is only 51 degrees here this morning. This weather pattern is supposed to be with us until Monday except that the wind gust will probably be a little higher.

Needless to say I won't be spending too much time outdoors but I will keep my eye on the weather so I can get Kobe out as much as possible. Barb, hopefully you are getting the rain you have been waiting for. Hopefully it won't wash out your weekend.

I did the fishroom yesterday including the turtle tank so there is really not much for me to do except clean up the house. As you can probably tell, I am not the neatest of our group but I am clean.

I have a lot of stuff piled up that I have to go through. Probably a lot of shredding involved. I also need to clean up some countertops. "Everything needs to have a place and it is not the countertop" as my late wife used to say to me. 

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, sorry I missed you all the last couple days. I have had health issues,  not just my hurting  hip.  On Thurs. I had to have face surgery, Dermatology Dr. to cut out a tiny black freckle that had a bad biopsy last month.  So I have a cut in front of my left ear, about 1 1/4" long.  Sewed up, but still bleeding off and on.  I have to keep ice on it too.  What a sucky thing to go through.  And it hurts. 

My baby Wrens left the nest yesterday morning, I saw them early, and by afternoon they were all gone!  They were still small too. But I guess they could fly.  Now I have a nest (hidden) of Mallard Ducks somewhere in my yard.  Can't find it, but I see the parents drinking out of my pond at least twice a day.  Hope they don't swim in it, they will poop in the water.  So far just standing on the rocks drinking.  This is the same pair who had a nest with eggs under my neighbors kitchen window that got all eaten up by some critter.   They will do better in my fenced yard. I can open my 3 gates to let the babies out later on.

Liz sorry about your chicken losses.  Must be tough to be feeding them to a fox.  Ron, I bet my cats would eat fish food if they could get to it!  And think of it as treats.  Willie, does Kobe ever get into fish foods?

Send good thoughts to my daughter Diane and her husband Matt.  They are forced to leave their rental townhouse, the owner wants to sell it. What a terrible time to be looking for a house to buy. They have a big income, but not big enough to buy the average house in their area at $300,000 plus. These are houses that would have gone for half that a year or so ago.  They have bid on and lost out on 3 already.  They can't even find a place to rent. And they are looking way outside the city where they both work. I am totally stressed out about it too. 

My son and his girlfriend are coming to visit tomorrow to take me out for a fancy dinner at 5. We will also go see my mom at her new home and take her flowers and candy.  A week from today she will be 98!  I will take her to a nice lunch somewhere locally, and she gets to go in, not just eat in the car with me.

You all have a good weekend, now more ice for my hurting face.
Barb

Barb

Willie, not a drop of rain here in weeks.  Just bone dry out there. I have to water plants almost daily since it has gotten hot.  But tomorrow may be a chance of rain, and only in the 60's.  How is your yard doing this year?
Barb

wsantia1

Barb, I am sorry about what your daughter and her husband are going through with the owner looking to sell. A lot of houses in the complex behind me have sold for a very good price and these are 20 year old houses. I could sell my house and make a great profit but anywhere I would go would cost me a bundle to rent and buying in this market would not be in my best interest.

It's crazy that you had have surgery on your face. I hope that biopsy was negative. I have a tiny skin tag that just appeared out of nowhere on my cheek. My next doctors appointment I will ask my doctor to cut it out. People wouldn't even notice it but I know it's there.

Barb, I have never seen Kobe eating fish food, not even the crumbs. He is sneaky fast so I would probably miss him doing it. What I didn't miss was him gulping down a salami and cheese sandwich on a Kaiser roll that he didn't even chew. I have never seen him swallow a whole sandwich like that before. I would have choked to death trying to do that.

Barb I wish I could send you some of this rain. My yard looks great especially the grass. My perennials are growing and the Hosta I thought was dead last year is growing back stronger than ever. I don't have the kind of plants you and Liz have. I try to only keep things that I can't kill. huh 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie, Barb.....and Liz!...

It's 83 now and heading to 98 today...now is when I keep a close watch on the 125g outside in the patio area...I may have to get a chiller for that tank...

Lucy's Daughter, Jen, (who I claim as mine too) arrives at midnight and I'll go pick her up...she'll leave Monday...her earlier flight was cancelled due to no pilot...some kind of strike I think she said...this will be a nice Mother's Day for Lucy!...

While Lucy is at the clubhouse today helping Barb prepare the Mother's Day brunch, I'll be cleaning house!...my room actuary needs lighter fluid and a match! ;D

I hope your facial incision heals very cleanly and quickly, Barb, and that the pain is gone soon...Stan just had a malignancy removed from his forearm...it has a 6" lengthwise incision...and my other friend, Ron, had one removed from his shoulder...it must be "going around"...

The housing prices are crazy here too ...we could almost double our purchase price if we sold now, but we would be in the same boat as your Daughter, Liz...there is only one available house for sale in here ATM...and about 10-12 recent sales and pending sales...

We only had 40 orders yesterday and got through early...only had to short 2 because we can't get Trident Java Fern right now...

Time for some cereal and then some house cleaning...if any of you care to come on out here and help with that I'll buy you a beer!... ;D ;D ;D mim mim mim
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Willie, I hate that you have such terrible weather.  You could move down to my neck of the woods but you've already told us why you want to stay where you are.  House prices are crazy everywhere.  Hell everything is more expensive now.  I just paid $3.75 for gas today and thought I got a bargain.   Still, are mostly less expensive in  Mississippi. 

Barb, I hate that you are going through problems and sure do hope that the biopsy is negative.  When do you find out?  I'm going to give you a call this evening or you can call me if you like.  I hope you have a good time with your son and his lady.

Ron, now that your knee has been fixed you seem to be young for an old person like Barb has been until lately.  You are very lucky that they were able to fix you.  Your business is going well, and you and Miss Lucy have a good time with lots of friends.

It make me happy that every one of us showed up today.  It would have made Mug happy knowing that the home he made for us has not been deserted.

It's another lovely day here today.  We do need rain, but not as badly as Barb does.  It will hit 85 but we'll have a nice breeze. 

2 nice big spawns of Rams go free swimming today.  One is of Dutch Blues the other of Pitch Blacks.  No more Ram breeding for me for a good while or I will be overwhelmed and searching for more tank space as they grow.  I will be able to tell if the Discus eggs are fertile tomorrow.  I expect them to be.  The challenge is not having the pair eat them when they free swim.

Always move forward. Never look back.