• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:34:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

Friday has rolled on around again!

Started by Ron Sower, May 06, 2022, 10:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello all...I missed you yesterday...looks like Barb did too...

We cleaned up the house a bit yesterday morning and played cards all afternoon...there was a Cinco de Mayo dinner & dance last night at the clubhouse ballroom, so we all went there after the card game... which the 3 men lost, by the way! :(

One of our card players brings her 80# blonde lab, Boomer, to our home...we love Boomer...he's a really sweet, and for the most part, mild old lab...but he likes to get up on his 2 hind legs and search countertops and tables for food when ppl aren't around... So before going to the dinner last night, we put all the snacks away in cabinets, etc...when we returned to the house there was a torn open bag of earthworm crumbles strewn all over the floor and the empty bag where I kept the freeze dried Blackworm cubes...ol' Boomer-boy...took advantage of me not thinking about him getting into and maybe even liking the fish foods I had on the open shelf in the Discus tank stand...!!! I'll call today and find out if he's sick after his worm dessert... ;D  I hope not...

Today the temp is supposed to get to 96....it's moving on up...but I really do appreciate the aridity here in AZ...

We'll be getting a small shipment of plants this morning and we'll be pulling plants and bagging them this afternoon...boxing and labeling them this evening...orders are increasing, and ability to guess what to keep in stock is not!! :D ...who knows what ppl are going to want??...

Barb that was a lovely backyard pond pic...Liz, sorry about your older hen, but happy about the young laying one...

Time to get my morning cereal...have a spectacular day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good morning Ron and everyone. I started this on another thread and then I saw Ron started this thread so I copied my message here and deleted the other thread. It's raining here in Delaware and we surely need it. It will be on and off for the next several days including Mother's Day.

It feel like it is the beginning rather than the middle of Spring here. So far Spring has been mostly cold and dry. We are definitely several weeks behind schedule..

As usual I got up early but this time I jumped on my water changes early and I am glad to report that I am already finished except for the turtle tank. I'll get to that tank this afternoon or in the morning.

It is now time to fix some lunch so I'll check up on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon gents.  We were supposed to have thorms last night into the morning but all we got was a shower.  We could use the rain.  It did cool it off a bit, though.  It's sunny and beautiful here with a nice breeze.  Perfect playing outside weather but I groomed a dog today and don't need to do anything physical.

I  noticed that the Walrus didn't come up when I fed the chickens their treat yesterday afternoon.  I feared the worst and when he didn't go in the chicken house to bed last night I was pretty sure the fox got him.  When I heard no cock a doodle do this morning I was certain.  I'm rooster-less again.  With that fox around I don't expect that I'll have my hens around next year.  She knows where she can find a good chicken dinner.  I'm sure the chicken are easier to snag that small wild animals to know how to keep hidden.

I did the unpleasant job on the sick hen this morning.  It's not a difficult job with a chicken but it's no fun to have to kill an animal (unless you're a hungry fox, of course)

Tink continues to do better which makes me happy and proud of myself for figuring out the reason she was not doing well.  I used my head and avoided a trip to the vet.  I know it's just a matter of time with her, but as long as she is doing well and happy in life I am doing my job well.  My dogs are pets and I love them.  Chickens are fun but I don't have an emotional attachment to them.

I had a big spawn of Discus during and after WC yesterday evening.  I waited until they were done, then waited another 45 minutes for the milt to penetrate the eggs, then I dribbled meth blue over the eggs, waited a minute and put the cone into pure RO.  I didn't used to have to go through all this for eggs to hatch but even at a TDS of 20 Discus and Ram eggs won't hatch.  The water is fine for growouts and adults.  I wish I knew what is in it now that didn't used to be.  This is my best pair but if they eat all the kids it won't be the end of the world.  My fish are not pets.  They're more like chickens.

Ron, I found out a long time ago that dogs adore fish food.  The funny thing to me is that they have no interest in live Black worms but can't wait for a chance to scarf them down when they're freeze dried.  It makes for very expensive dog food.

I hope we hear from Barb today.  She has it rough with her leg pain plus her mother. 

Lunch/diner time now.  Garlic butter shrimp, new potatoes freshly dug from the garden and steamed broccoli.  Yum and double yum. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz, sorry to hear about your rooster. I guess that fox feels like he/she has its own personal meat market. Glad you figured out what was bothering Tink. I'm with you on how I feel about pets. Kobe is family, the fish are just fish. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the turtle because I've had it over 25 years. huh

It's going to continue to rain until Monday. I still don't know when we going to get consistent warm weather. I can't recall it being this cold this late into Spring except when I lived in Chicago.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.