• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 158
Total: 159

Sunny Saturday

Started by wsantia1, April 30, 2022, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. We finally have decent weather for a change. The temp is currently 63 degrees with plenty of sunshine and light winds. We are near our forecasted high of 66F but we will be seeing some 70s along with rain later in the week.

I did some grocery shopping today and aside from the prices getting higher I'm starting to notice that the amounts and types of goods is a lot more limited. I did take advantage of a sale on Klondike bars where I got two packs for $6.00 and a third one was free. It really came out to 3 for $6.00 which is a good deal. Now I have to make sure I don't go on an ice cream eating binge. huh

I'm supposed to play around with my smaller tanks today but I want to take advantage of this nice day to sit outside and enjoy it. I will be sitting on my porch and taking in the beautiful weather shortly. Hopefully when I'm finished with the outdoors I will still be in the mood to play around in the fishroom.

Hopefully you all will have great days.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie, et. al.....

Nice here today...I've already taken 5 orders to USPS today...placed an order with one of our suppliers... and am ready to do some water changes and setup a new Gateway for our in-home internet through T-Mobile...we keep having dropped internet still...frustrating!... huh

Tonight I will pick some plants to sell all the club auction tomorrow...

Except for a stint at the pool, that's probably it for me today...happy aquariuming, friends!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  I figured I'd better post now before I take a nap or I might just blow it off.

Believe it or not I'm more tired today than I was yesterday.  One nice day of physical labor takes 2 days to recover from.  But I love working hard and I dislike taking my time.  2 days off are worth the pleasure I got from the work.

Willie, I'm happy for you.  It's almost May and you have just now had a good day of nice weather.  Yes...Sit outside and enjoy it.  Here it's warm and sunny like it has been for the past several days.

I got a nice treat today.  Jack came down and mowed for me even though it won't really need mowing for a week.  I think he wanted a nice chat and used mowing as an excuse.  That's fine with me.  I always enjoy a good chat with my favorite neighbor.  Then something amazing happened.  Yesterday I asked Shawn if I could take some of his big pile of clay gravel to fill in the hole I dug when I drained the water from the broken pipe I had 2 years ago this coming winter.  Then I got to thinking about it and realized that I would not be capable of doing that much digging and moving of dirt.  Today after Jack mowed Shawn showed up on Jack's tractor with a scoop full of the dirt.  He filled up the holes.  It took 3 trips.  God bless him.  This is the first time he has ever done something for me without me having to ask him to do it.

The Discus fry are doing well.  A spawn of Rams went free swimming this morning.  I think it's the biggest spawn I have ever had. 

Nap time now before I fall asleep typing.  I'll pop in later to see what's up with Ron and Barb.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Grrrrrrr....! We're having a b%&$#ch of a time setting up this new T-Mobile Gateway unit... huh huh huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi friends, glad you are getting nice weather Willie,  And Liz sounds like you got a lot accomplished yourself and with some help from good neighbors too.  The plant business is going great except for a few glitches right Ron?  Here nothing much, just some yardwork, watching the Wren family, working on my pond a bit, some grocery shopping.  My leg/hip hurt today, hopefully from the PT I had yesterday.  They give me a real good workout for an hr. twice a week.  I need to take everything easy and careful these days due to my bum hip.  But I do get a lot done.  Now for some ice cream!  I look forward to it nightly.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on April 30, 2022, 06:48:46 PM
Hi friends, glad you are getting nice weather Willie,  And Liz sounds like you got a lot accomplished yourself and with some help from good neighbors too.  The plant business is going great except for a few glitches right Ron?  Here nothing much, just some yardwork, watching the Wren family, working on my pond a bit, some grocery shopping.  My leg/hip hurt today, hopefully from the PT I had yesterday.  They give me a real good workout for an hr. twice a week.  I need to take everything easy and careful these days due to my bum hip.  But I do get a lot done.  Now for some ice cream!  I look forward to it nightly.
Barb
...yes the business is doing okay...I'm working on ways that I can reduce my costs so we can increase profit margins... heck!...this is like a REAL business!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I didn't make it to the pool....took too much time to get the internet going again, but it seems to be okay so far, but it did that when we finished the 2-hour stint on the phone with tech support earlier this week >:(....we'll see how it goes...

I'm just resting in a recliner right now...I did a small WC in a 20 with my Apistos in it...I'll do my other water changes and bag stuff for the auction later tonight...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron