• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 160
Total: 162

Craigslist Score

Started by b125killer, September 24, 2013, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I'm getting 4 Hot mags tomorrow morning for $25.00.  The Guys name is Don and he lives in Davis Junction, IL. He is closing down his fish room. I have seen him post a ton of fish room stuff for the past few weeks on craigslist. He's been selling stuff cheap too. When I seen the Hot mags I decided that was too good to pass up. I should know better than getting filters off cl. I haven't had much luck with it. but I'll take the gamble on this. 
Scott

Mugwump

I know Don, I got some blacks from him a few years back. If they don't all run well, part them up and make as many as you can run...then, most likely' replace the impellers to fix the rest?....'Big All's' on line sells em cheap....good score....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I kind of figured someone would know him. Seems you can't have a fish room without knowing a few fish people.  I hope one works but if I have to get a few impellers that wouldn't be too bad. As long as the motors aren't shot. everything else on them are fairly cheap.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on September 24, 2013, 02:51:50 PM
I kind of figured someone would know him. Seems you can't have a fish room without knowing a few fish people.  I hope one works but if I have to get a few impellers that wouldn't be too bad. As long as the motors aren't shot. everything else on them are fairly cheap.

I might have a few parts left too...if you need any?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

That sounds like a real nice buy.  Hope they work for you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

That went good, I got three working filters and one for parts. I also got a lot of extra stuff for them. That might be the best $25 I have spent on filters.
Scott

Mugwump

Ta Daaaaaaaaaaa.....super pick up....sweeeeet
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.