• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

TGIF, Friday

Started by Barb, April 29, 2022, 06:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi friends, sorry I missed the last couple days.  Been driving out of town the last 2 days, PT, seeing my mom, some yardwork, helping neighbor work.  Liz your discus are gorgeous!!!  Willie and Ron, you two keep busy always, like Liz.  Good for us to be busy I think. I saw my Ortho. Dr. surgeon, will be having hip replacement in several months, he wants me to get my legs stronger with lots of PT first.  And I have two new meds to help the pain so I can work out.  They are helping.

It was soooo cold last night, previous night, and again tonight.  In the low 40's.  I am concerned about my little Wren babies.  Sure hope the parents can keep them warm. I am afraid to go look at them....
And I hope my little turtle is still in the pond.  I sill let you know if/when I see him again.  Only once so far.

You all have a good day and weekend!
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's good to see you here again, Barb.  We missed you.

Dad still has fry attached so I guess I have been successful.  It's hard to estimate the number but I would guess about 60.  I've been trying to get a picture but it's hard because they're so tiny.  I'll keep trying.  My favorite pair's wigglers should start to swim free tomorrow or the day after.

I totally wore myself out yesterday.  I was in bed before 4 and only got up to feed Charlotte and give Tink her meds.  I'm glad I have a TV.

I did my WC this morning.  My stocking is so low right now that it really doesn't hurt of I miss a day.  While I was changing water I made some more dog food for Tink.  I season it well so I get wonderful stock from it for myself and some delicious chicken for chicken salad.

The only other things on the schedual for today are to fill the bird feeder, empty the last sack of horse feed into buckets and bring them in, and go to the supermarket.  For the rest of the day I'll just futz and enjoy the beautiful shorts and tank top day we're blessed with today.

Be happy friends and enjoy the day like I'm doing.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Welcome back, Barb...and it's good you're having success with the fry, Liz... |^|
Where are you, Willie???

High 80s - low 90s here today...sunny...

Lucy and I lost the card game yesterday, but we gave Ron & Charlotte a run for their money!...we had takeout Chinese food for dinner and they stayed and visited a while longer...

My second order of plants this week arrived yesterday...after the folks left last night we unpacked them and got them in the tanks...we'll be picking and bagging this afternoon...Miss Lucy Helps with the bagging part of our little operation and it's really helped me a lot...every week we try to figure out something to improve efficiency...

Sunday is our May meeting with Erik Lucas as our speaker...he's the buypetshrimp.com owner...we get our Buce from him...so tomorrow I'll be picking out items for our auction...

Have a great day friends...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It was supposed to be warmer today but you couldn't tell by our conditions. It is sunny but our temp is only 58 degrees and the winds are coming in from the NW at 20 mph. My poor young Cherry Blossom tree has been taking a beating over the last few days. Almost all of the blossoms are gone now but I got a bigger bloom than I expected so I'm grateful for that.

I just finished my water changes and got a little distracted on one tank and practically drained the whole thing. I was almost down to a fish flopping water level so the fish in that tank got about a 95% water change. huh I will say that this is preferable to getting distracted and having an overflow. |^|

Ron your club sure gets some great guest. You had Dean just a couple of months ago and now Eric Lucas.  |^| |^| |^| Your members must surely be happy with you. The speaker (Club VP) at our last meeting had trouble with his slide presentation and by the time he got it going I was ready to go to sleep. We haven't had a good speaker since before the pandemic.

Liz, it's a good thing that you can get tired out and then get some sleep even if you sometimes find yourself in bed early. My goal is to get 7 hours of sleep per night but last night I got 4.5 hours of sleep. I wish I could take a nap but I really can't sleep in the day time. It really messes up my day when my sleep pattern gets screwed up like it is now.

Barb I'm sure your mom looks forward to your visits. You are such a devoted daughter. Hopefully your wren parents can keep those babies warm. If the parents are still coming and going from the nest that's a good sign. As far as the turtle goes, it is pretty small and if it comes out of the water to bask it may look like a snack for some of the wild birds.

Wishing you all a great day.   

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 29, 2022, 12:21:42 PM
Liz, it's a good thing that you can get tired out and then get some sleep even if you sometimes find yourself in bed early. My goal is to get 7 hours of sleep per night but last night I got 4.5 hours of sleep. I wish I could take a nap but I really can't sleep in the day time. It really messes up my day when my sleep pattern gets screwed up like it is now.

....I really can't get naps during the day usually either...even when I try to!...
I enjoy working up the speakers for the club...I get suggestions from members and the board and try to follow up on them... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

The only time I ever had trouble sleeping was in my early 20's  married to my first husband.  I was terribly unhappy.  I felt trapped with no way out.  Before and after that time I have been a champion sleeper.  It helps a lot being like that now that I'm dealing with back problems.
Always move forward. Never look back.