• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:59:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 191
Total: 191

Thursday - warm!

Started by Ron Sower, April 28, 2022, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

It's Thursday again and card day for us...we're playing at our place with one couple short...they're snowbirds and will be back in October...meanwhile, we'll play with 4 of us this time...of the 2 other couples we can call on to to play, both are unavailable today...

It's 76 right now and going to 89 or 90 today with beautiful clear skies...looks like our 10 day forecast shows the temp climbing from 90 to 98.... Ice packs will be needed for sure in our plant orders...

Speaking of plant orders, we had a very large one come in yesterday and I'm so glad my friend loaned me the 125g that is on our patio...it is full of plants now...as we build inventory I think my partner is going to place tanks in his garage...I certainly don't have much more room here  wfwf

I'm pleased your shipments did well with UPS Saver, Liz...I hope they all continue to go that well for you...

I need to make a quick run to the herb store this morning for my nighttime sleeping gummies...and need to vac the house and feed the fish...

I'll check in later to see what's going on with the rest of you today...

That's all I got for today's edition...happy aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Ron.  It's shorts and T shirt weather here as well.
I did a bit of work on the new garden to be yesterday and will get out their soon today.  My problem is that I can't do a lot because the walking wears me out.  I can't use the Rollator and do a lot of things but I use it when I can.  I marked out the boundary of the area with a hose and brought 4' gate and put it where I want it.  I need hinges to mount it.  Today I will Round Up the area along the boundary that I will use for the garden.  I will pull up some T posts and put them where I want Shawn to whack them in.  I'll also take out a 4X4 post and put it where I will ask him to dig a hole where I will plant it.  I need to un-hook the fence from the posts, first.  If I get all that done I will be surprised, but that is the plan.

Another Discus spawn went free swimming today and I dumped them in with the parents.  I saw mom scarf 3 so I removed her.  Dad seems to be doing well with them but I won't get my hopes up quite yet.  The other dad was doing well with his batch and when I looked a couple of hours later he had eaten them all.

This is the least exciting of my pairs.  Dad is of my breeding.  He has a great shape but not so good a pattern.  Mom was of Al Sabatta's breeding.  She is a Red Snake Skin  rather than the blue like I'm working with.  Her pattern is excellent.  Her shape is excellent but she's the German type of Discus rather than the Asian type like mine and she has a yellow eye.  The fry should be of good quality and it will be nice to have some outside blood.  I'm just sure how many of them will fit in to my breeding program.

Here's mom
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Here's dad

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron, Liz and everyone. Hopefully everyone is well. It surely doesn't feel like spring here with the temps in the 30s and the winds a 20 mph this morning. We are up to 50 degrees now but the wind is gusting up to 30 mph bring the feels like temp down to 43 degrees. The sun is out but is of no help to us.

I've been puzting in the fishroom this morning and now that I'm finished down there I can resume a project I started last year.

I need to finish assembling some patio furniture I bought last summer. Soon after I started the assembly of the furniture my back gave out on me. 

I feel a lot better now than I did back then so I will make another attempt at finishing it. Today I will just make sure I still have all of the parts and fasteners. I'm pretty sure that I do.

If anything goes wrong I have another appointment with the back doctor in a couple of weeks and we'll address it.

Hopefully you all will have a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Liz I don't know what I am looking at with Discus but to my eyes those are some gorgeous fish. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I'm like Willie... I don't know what I'm looking at either, but the discus are gorgeous, Liz! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thanks guys, they are good.  But what I'm aiming for is a high bodied Blue Snake Skin with a strong blue base like dad, but with red spots all over the body.  I don't think that I'll get that from these, though.  In any case if I can grow them out they'll be good fish to sell.  I am not going to look at them until I do WC this evening.  I sure hope that when I do look I won't find that dad has eaten them all.

I can't believe that I got everything done that I planned to get done in the garden to be.  I never get everything done that I want to do in one day.  I'm having a well deserved cold one ATM but it's my last beer so I'll have to make a run to town so I'll have more for later.

LizStreithorst

Well, damn.  It's already after 3:30.  WC time is 4 o'clock.  I'm too tired to do it.  I worked too hard and it has taken it's toll.  I was worth it, though.  There's nothing I love more than physical labor.  It makes me feel good in my mind despite what it does to my body.  I'll be taking it easy tomorrow and Saturday.  Monday I have the heart doctor.  The problems that come with getting old sucks the big one.