• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 04:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 126
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Interesting Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, April 25, 2022, 11:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I took 2 boxes to the Ellisville PO earlier.  Guess what?  They no longer guarantee a delivery date for Express.  You get your money back only if the box is lost.  I don't know if they consider being lost means the box traveling the country before it gets to it's destination or having it totally disappear into the ether.

I was so pissed off that I did what I should have done years ago when Jeff, my UPS guy, mentioned that he stopped at Boe Hog Farm every day.  I would have but I hate to ask a favor.  I told the man behind the desk my problem and asked if I could bring my boxes of fish to him so he could send them off when they send off their boxes.  The guy acted like it would be no big deal to them.  He'd be happy to do it for me.  UPS Saver doesn't give shipping money back for a late box either, but their service is better and they're less expensive.  Plus, Boe Hog Farm is just a couple of miles up the road from me.  USPS in Ellisville is 12 miles each way.  People down south here are so always happy to help a stranger out if they are able.  I have one last box to ship off next Monday. 

Now back to the normal stuff...It's mostly cloudy quite humid and already 85 degrees.  We have rain coming in later.  I'm glad I got all my laundry except for throw rugs done yesterday.  Believe it or not, all the walking and carrying of laundry out and getting it back in slam wore me out.  I was almost too tuckered to do WC in the fish room, but I made myself do it.  Have you ever been so tired that you've had trouble falling asleep when that's all you want to do?  That's the way it was with me but once I zonked I was out till the Walrus crowed outside my window.

I'm still tired but I don't plan on doing anything today other than what's necessary.  I still have some laundry to fold and put away but except for animal chores I'll be sitting on my lazy ass.  It amazes me that just carrying and walking takes so much out of me.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. No overnight guarantee for USPS Express? They might as well give up that service. huh

It's been a cloudy and windy day mostly with the temps in the mid 60s. The rain moves in tomorrow. I don't  see any 70s in the 10 day forecast at all but at least it will be sunny.

I've been pretty busy around the house today. The landscapers came at 10 to trim down 4 "Green Giant" evergreens that were about 20 feet tall. https://www.arborday.org/trees/treeguide/treedetail.cfm?itemID=779

The trees now look like 6 foot tall bushes. They did a great job and I think I got a bargain for $250 bucks. They also did a great job with the cleanup. I didn't have to lift a finger.

I've been in the fishroom for the last couple of hours just hanging out and now I am ready to eat some dinner. I'm having some Chicken Lo Mein.

I'll check in a little later. Have a great evening everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

USPS priority express is still listed as guaranteed on their site.

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

What it says is not what I was told at the Post Office and is not what it says on the receipts for my 2 boxes.  The receipts say, "Service guarantee date unavailable.  Loss guarantee only."
Always move forward. Never look back.