• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:07:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Blizzard Like Saturday

Started by wsantia1, January 29, 2022, 05:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Needless to say the weather people are right for change. It has been snowing since last night and now the wind has picked up causing near blizzard like conditions in the area.

I already took Kobe out for his morning walk this time he ran out there with youthful excitement. He wanted no part of our first two winter storms. This time was reminiscent of when we lived in Illinois where we got a whole lot of snow and he loved it.

I am prepared to wait this out for a few days if I need too. I have plenty of food, snacks, alcohol and even some weed if I need it. ;D

Barb I know you got some of this storm but if it's in the form of ice please be extra careful. Does your HOA do anything for you during these storms? I live in a 55 plus community and during the first snow storm they failed miserably. The last time they did a great job. Hopefully we have a repeat performance.

Wishing everyone a great and dry day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Hang in there Willie.  Stay safe & warm.  No snow here, sunny, but -4 this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Hunker down and keep snug and warm, Willie.

All the bad weather is north of me, thank God.  But Martha fly's out on the 2nd to Boston.  I hope that there are no cancellations.  Here it is sunny with an occasional strong breeze.  It will stay the same for a day or 2 but by Tuesday they say that it will be 70.  Mississippi weather is unpredictable but 70 degrees in early Feb. is almost unheard of.  I can't imagine what the plants are thinking.

My internet has been down since yesterday afternoon and I ran slam out of beer last night.  Now I am content once again.  I have my vape, my beer, my internet and my Martha.  I wish I could keep her.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie, Dennis and Liz.  It snowed here from 5am-9am.  I saw the start and end of it. About 1/2", but it melted by about 11 since the temp is 34. Liz it is to be 79 here on Thursday!  Very weird.  But it sure is cold today and windy.  Compared to the folks up north, like you Willie, I have not a thing to complain about.

Except that all 6 of my cute little clown plecos are dead.  No idea why but I have a couple ideas.  No need to dwell on it, since I am so sad I lost the first fish I have bought in many years.  I am thinking I will eventually just have Endlers and Goldfish.  And not ever buy another fish. 
Barb

wsantia1

The snow removal crew arrived moments after the  snow stopped. They did my dide of the street including my house and it looks like they disappeared.

Barb I am very sorry to hear about your clown plecos . Any ideas what might have happened?

Liz FYI. over 400 flights canceled in Boston today.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

HI Muggers!...It's 71 with come clouds here right now...

I've been putzing with some floaters in the fishroom so far today...some of the recent acquisitions have a lot of duckweed, plus I've been skimming floaters out of some of my tanks to separate duckweed from the preferred floaters ...it's real job but if i stay at it every day it goes away until i'm away or something and that ONE leaf that was left unseen goes crazy!!! wfwf

I put some Viennese Guppies in as dithers for the Apisto pair...they are more effective than the brilliant Rasboras which started hiding in the back...good old faithful guppies!... |^|............really love sitting back and watching my shellies and julies in their tank...shellies are such fierce guardians of their little shells...

My beautiful corkscrew val that a friend gave me is melting away...I know they will come back, but I put some in the shellie/julie tank and the aren't melting at all...in fact new shoots showed up within the first week...I knew they were hard water plants but it just didn't click with me until I did that...

I got the back of the new 75g painted and in place in the game room...I think I will go in there and start the filling process and set up the filtration now...

Gosh. Barb! ..that's terrible to lose them all... ???

Good to see all are back and Dennis dropped by...wish we were all close enough to have coffee together...

Good rest of the day you guys...If you're warm, stay that way...if not. I hope you can get warm soon...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron