• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 02:25:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 212
Total: 212

Freezing Thursday

Started by wsantia1, January 27, 2022, 06:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is currently 13 degrees outside. I know that seems warm to the folks in the Midwest but we are actually colder than them this morning. We will actually get up to 37 degrees this afternoon which will be warmer than yesterday.

Another fishroom day for me today. You would think that by now I would have this fishroom in pristine condition but with all of my recent ailments I just haven't been able to put as much effort into it as I need to. There used to be a time when I would stay in the fishroom until all of my work was done. These days I quit right in the middle of a job. huh

I wish everyone a great day and hope you all stay warm. Ron I suspect the "stay warm" part doesn't apply to you. :D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 27, 2022, 06:16:44 AM
Good morning everyone. It is currently 13 degrees outside. I know that seems warm to the folks in the Midwest but we are actually colder than them this morning. We will actually get up to 37 degrees this afternoon which will be warmer than yesterday.

Another fishroom day for me today. You would think that by now I would have this fishroom in pristine condition but with all of my recent ailments I just haven't been able to put as much effort into it as I need to. There used to be a time when I would stay in the fishroom until all of my work was done. These days I quit right in the middle of a job. huh

I wish everyone a great day and hope you all stay warm. Ron I suspect the "stay warm" part doesn't apply to you. :D
yes it does....! It's in the 50s this morning and I'm cold!!! :D ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

It's 52 right no...chilly...but tolerable...high will be 67....manageable with the Sunshine... :D
I'm sure happy I'm not inDelaware right now, Willie!... 8)

While Lucy was gone last night, the fellow that gave me the bunch of Colombian rams horn snails a couple months ago came by with his niece and nephew...we talked/visited for 2 hours in the fishroom...they left with a large assortment of plants...the niece was really into aquariums like her Uncle...she's a freshman in high school...what a great age!...

I moved my new, empty, 75 out on the carport yesterday...went to the hardware store, bought some black spray paint, got it home and made one spray on the glass....it wasn't black!...it was mahogany brown!!!...going to exchange it today I hope...I'm getting eager to set that tank up now...

Stay warm folks...and happy aquariuming!...  :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's gonna be another warm one today and tomorrow even warmer!!!  I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop.  It always does.

Today Marth and I are going to do one of her favorite things and go to the supermarket again.  They we'll stop by to visit Jack and Judy.  Marth is sure easy to keep happy.  She has a course she's taking on line about the Bible in historical (not religious) terms.  It sounds very interesting.  She cleans.  Hey she even cleans things like the outside of the vacuum cleaner.  She even cleans the dang cord.  She loves cleaning but her 3 maids won't let her clean because they think of it as her job.  She even cleaned all the vacuum cleaner attachments.  She's meticulous.  Of course she doesn't do this when she goes to other people's homes for a short stay.  But she's been doing this for me since I was in my teens and moved out of my bedroom into the hippy pad I made for myself in the finished basement.  It makes both of us happy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 27, 2022, 10:45:06 AM
It's gonna be another warm one today and tomorrow even warmer!!!  I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop.  It always does.

Today Marth and I are going to do one of her favorite things and go to the supermarket again.  They we'll stop by to visit Jack and Judy.  Marth is sure easy to keep happy.  She has a course she's taking on line about the Bible in historical (not religious) terms.  It sounds very interesting.  She cleans.  Hey she even cleans things like the outside of the vacuum cleaner.  She even cleans the dang cord.  She loves cleaning but her 3 maids won't let her clean because they think of it as her job.  She even cleaned all the vacuum cleaner attachments.  She's meticulous.  Of course she doesn't do this when she goes to other people's homes for a short stay.  But she's been doing this for me since I was in my teens and moved out of my bedroom into the hippy pad I made for myself in the finished basement.  It makes both of us happy.
...hmmmm...think she'd like to visit us in Arizona for a week...??? huh :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron