• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 06:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, January 26, 2022, 09:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Greetings everybody, it is cold, windy but sunny today.  High will be only 40, but since it is Winter I will not complain.  Today is help mom day so I will be gone a few hours.  My daughter tells me this morning that her throat is awfully painful from the surgery yesterday.  She had a nerve block or something for hours after the surgery so it didn't hurt.  Not so today. But she gets to go home today.

I am getting a small pleco(s) today to put into my 65 gal. plant tank with only some yellow shrimp, assassins, and plants on wood and gravel.  It is over run with some kind of algae, brown, slimy, looks like the blue green stuff that will cover a tank, but this is brown.  I hope a pleco will eat it.  This tank is 50/50 rain/tap.  I think it hates the LED light on it too. Will be changing this Eventually I want to put all my Lime Green Endlers (which I like so much) into this tank.  But need to get it straightened out first.  Do any of you know if plecos, who I know are vegetarians, will eat tiny baby assassin snails?

Have a good day you folks,
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi Barb, and Liz and Willie.....and anyone else dropping in today!...

Last weekend weather prognosticators we're saying by now for this week we'd be in the low to high 70s...MISSED IT :P...it's going to go to 67 or so today, and stay in that range thru next week, so they say.... huh...clear skies though...

Lucy has a card class this afternoon and I'm just putzing...waiting to hear if a plant order arrived for me to pick up...

I didn't get started on the 75g yesterday....maybe today...mostly I cleared a stack of papers off my desk...
Getting ready to do some more bookkeeping and in a few weeks, my tax return prep... :'( ...I hate doing that...

Every time you mention going to help or do something with your Mom, Barb, I think of...and appreciate more... my Sis who was our Mom's "Barb"...I was living in Washington state while Mom was going through her later years, and Debbie was so good to see to her needs all the time...my late Brother did that for a few years too...it's definitely a labor of love... Good on you, Barb!... |^|

I hope you all have a good day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is another cold day here also but it is sunny and the wind is not blowing too hard. Groundhog day will be here in another week and that is the midway point of the winter season so we will have some good weather days to look forward to soon.

I'm starting to feel good again so I am back to doing some work in the fishroom and around the house. I will go slow and easy in order to preserve myself. It feels good not to have much pain for a change.

Barb I do know that all plecos are not completely vegetarian including some of the bristlenoses but I don't know if they'll eat live snails. I have some L183 (Starlight) bristlenoses that I feed frozen bloodoworms and brine shrimp too but I haven't tried anything living for food. A lot of the Hypancistrus family of plecos like the zebra pleco also enjoys meat in their diet.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.