• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

Sunday

Started by Ron Sower, January 23, 2022, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good day everyone...! 8)

Sunny today! 62 now and high 60s later today...

We're gonna clean house today because we have a new couple coming tomorrow to learn our Samba card game...I don't think it will be as tough a job as what you had Liz...we're not gonna deep clean like that ;)...
Later we'll be watching football....bet you will be too, Willie!...

I really need to "re-plumb" my airlines in the fishroom....that may be my next project down the road in there...right now I've got air tubing crossing over each other and I have to trace a single tube from the filter back to the pump to do any airflow adjustments...

What's going on with the rest of you today?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It's cold but sunny and not as windy as yesterday. I can deal with the cold air but the wind and the precip are what really bother me. Today is a good day.

I'm doing a combo of things today. I just broke down my African 55 because the tank was overwhelmed by brown algae. It is my only real troublesome tank these days and the few fish that I have in there are doing real well. I just hate to look at it.

I have the fish in a temporary holding tank until I get this one straightened out. I still don't know if I want to keep these fish because they are always hiding until feeding time. I may just put them in the auction at the next club meeting.

Ron, I am getting reading for football as we speak. I have leftover meat lover's pizza and a whole bunch of other food to sustain me through 2 games. I may miss some of the first game because I will be out with Kobe but by the time of the second game I will be in total comfort mode.

Wishing everyone a great Sunday.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 23, 2022, 01:32:42 PM
Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It's cold but sunny and not as windy as yesterday. I can deal with the cold air but the wind and the precip are what really bother me. Today is a good day.

I'm doing a combo of things today. I just broke down my African 55 because the tank was overwhelmed by brown algae. It is my only real troublesome tank these days and the few fish that I have in there are doing real well. I just hate to look at it.

I have the fish in a temporary holding tank until I get this one straightened out. I still don't know if I want to keep these fish because they are always hiding until feeding time. I may just put them in the auction at the next club meeting.

Ron, I am getting reading for football as we speak. I have leftover meat lover's pizza and a whole bunch of other food to sustain me through 2 games. I may miss some of the first game because I will be out with Kobe but by the time of the second game I will be in total comfort mode.

Wishing everyone a great Sunday.
|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi guys!  Still cold here but most of the ice is melted away, except for shady spots.  It was 19degrees last night, very cold for this area.

I cleaned a little snail, plant tank today.  I have a mystery, there were 12 white mystery snails in there, from a man I did a trade with, now there are just 5.  No empty shells or any sign of the rest.  What happened to them?  Did not crawl out, I would have seen them.  Did they die and their shells just dissolved?  The remaining 5 are pretty and healthy.  Largest is 1/2", smallest is 1/4".  Any ideas?  I have discovered that shrimp do not like living here.  I can raise and keep Discus very nicely. But shrimp are another matter entirely.  Is this not strange?
Barb

LizStreithorst

They're notorious for crawling out.  They need to get above the waterline to breed and sometimes they climb all the way out.  See if they're maybe stuck to the outside of the back and sides of the tank.  If there are no shells they crawled out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on January 23, 2022, 02:42:14 PM
Hi guys!  Still cold here but most of the ice is melted away, except for shady spots.  It was 19degrees last night, very cold for this area.

I cleaned a little snail, plant tank today.  I have a mystery, there were 12 white mystery snails in there, from a man I did a trade with, now there are just 5.  No empty shells or any sign of the rest.  What happened to them?  Did not crawl out, I would have seen them.  Did they die and their shells just dissolved?  The remaining 5 are pretty and healthy.  Largest is 1/2", smallest is 1/4".  Any ideas?  I have discovered that shrimp do not like living here.  I can raise and keep Discus very nicely. But shrimp are another matter entirely.  Is this not strange?
Barb

...tell me how you're treating your water and what the pH and TDS are....shrimp like harder water than discus...snail shells will dissolve faster in lower pH and TDS...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Liz, not a single snail shell anywhere out of the tank.   Ron, I use 50/50 rain to tap water.  ph is about 8 that way, don't test for TDS.  I can keep Discus very nicely but snails and shrimp not so much.  thanks to you both