• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 02:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 263
Total: 264

Frozen Saturday

Started by wsantia1, January 22, 2022, 11:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I woke up today to 14 degree temps. This is the coldest morning temp that I've been in since I moved here  from the Chicago area in 2014 . We are all of the way up to 25 degrees now and it is sunny with much lighter wind conditions than yesterday. I will be doing the hibernating thing today, only going out if there is an emergency or Kobe needs to go.

I had another lousy night's sleep so I am really dragging butt today. It's a good thing that I have leftovers and easy to prepare foods in the fridge otherwise I'd starve today.

Liz how is your visit with Martha going so far? I'm sure it was great to see her in person again. Nothing can take the place of a live visit with real hugs and kisses.

I'm going to set up my day for watching football. I've got food and snacks and if I were drinking I have alcohol too. I haven't had a drink since Christmas day and I probably won't until the Super Bowl. Between pain meds, muscle relaxers and gummies I don't need anything else.  ;)

Have a great day everyone. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, it is frozen here too.  Had 1/4" of ice fall overnight, here are 2 pics of my yard when I got up this morning.  Most of it is still out there,  got up to 34 today. Tomorrow will melt more, up to the 40's. I have been home since Thurs. afternoon.  Tomorrow I will go see my mom in the afternoon.  Willie hope you sleep good tonight.  Liz, have fun with Martha, and Ron how are things out in sunny AZ?   I have my fireplace on, will eat my homemade soup I just finished, so life is good.  Have a good evening all,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb. that first pic is lovely.  Hell, you might want to post in an the garden section on Simply.  I'm sure the gardening sites you're on would love it, too.

Willie, it was a good bit warmer today than yesterday.  Pleasant in the sun.  I have to check on how cold it will be tonight.  I think it's going to be bitter again.  I need to check my big propane tank.  I think I'll need to order more gas.  I'm living with a tropical flower in the house and she needs a warm temp of 72 inside day and night.  I conserve my gas as much as possible by turning the thermostat down to 55 and stay warm under my electric blanket till morning.  Martha wants to pay for everything.  It's embarrassing because I do have the money.  Of course when she bought $200. worth of groceries when I usually spend about $65 I let her pay without argument.

I'm enjoying having her here so much but I'm afraid I get impatient with her walking down ever isle in the Dollar store and the supermarket and examining every single thing is somewhat trying.  Also, I need to change my schedule so it melds well with hers.  She is truly retired and takes as much time as she wants to do everything and I have fish and animal chores that have to be done.  She knows how to treat every one of my dogs, all with different personalities.  She loves on the friendly ones and knows to wait for the shy ones to accept and come to her. 

I don't know how often I'll be one in the nest several days, but I'll pop in and say Hi if nothing else.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello gang!...

Another grey day starting out here, but clouds broke up as the day moved on ...got to 70...

Lucy and I took off late this morning to do some shopping for her, lunch, and a visit to one of our club directors.. he has a beautiful saltwater aquarium that we see immediately going in his house...the water is crystal clear and the fish and anemone colors are marvelous!...most of the upkeep on this tank is automatic...he has close to 10k in that tank!!!!!!!!!!!! His discus tank is beautiful too....Lucy really enjoyed the visit and actually engaged in the conversations... |^|

On the way home we stopped at Petsmart and picked up the 75g tank I bought online this morning before we left, brought it on in the house and went back to get the stand for it...the ensemble is now sitting in the game room waiting to be put together... 8)

Now watching a little football and I'm planning to post an announcement about our swap meet coming up on the 6th...

Barb and Willie...you stay warm and safe in the cold weather...and Liz, I hope you're enjoying Martha's visit...the inconveniences in your schedule aren't going to mean anything compared to a good visit with a true friend...
...and love your backyard Barb...

We were in apart of Phoenix that is heavily Hispanic when  we stopped at a little restaurant for lunch...it was interesting...they didn't speak much English and I know "baƱos" and "gratias"!...but we managed!... :D

Have a good evening all...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron