• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:08:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Thursday and I am back

Started by Barb, January 20, 2022, 06:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Ron!  I missed you all for the 9 days I had no computer.  Really like my new one, it is much faster. Has Windows 11 which is a little different, but I am learning it just fine.  Sorry about your pain Willie, hope it gets taken care of soon.  How are you Liz and Ron?  I have not read all I missed here, but will later today or tomorrow,  snow and ice are coming from tonight through Sat. noon.  So I will be safely at home, and will get my mom ready to be alone for 3 days.  I will let you all know how it goes here.  See you later!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Glad to have you back Barb. It is currently raining but that will change to snow as the temp drops from a high of 41 this morning to below freezing this afternoon. Luckily for us we are expecting less than an inch before the snow moves on. 

I'm feeling a little better today and I did manage to get 6 hours sleep last night with little discomfort so I am a lot less miserable. I have my telemed appointment at 10 am. I am glad that I am not driving the 32 miles to the Dr.'s office in this rain.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning Barb and Willie!...you too, Liz and anyone else that drops in...welcome back, Barb...we've missed you!!

I woke around 5:15 and didn't go back to sleep so have been browsing the WEB on my iPad since then, catching up on what's going on in our world..it can get pretty depressing if you let that happen  wfwf ...But I choose not to...

I went to Discount Aquarium yesterday to try to find a good used tank, but saw none that weren't scratched...bummer...also stopped at a Petco and was told they're not going to be getting any more large tanks in the future...went to a second one that did have some 75s but the clerk didn't seem interested in helping me, so I left...I can get that kind of disinterested abuse almost anywhere these days, so I'll go back to look at a Petsmart ensemble near my home...

Miss Lucy has her card class this afternoon and I'm going over to a high school to check it out as a potential meeting place for the club...

It's going to get to 70 today with sunshine...

Barb, I hope you can get your Mom situated ok for the next few days...my Sis in Va apparently is going to miss the snow that is dropping down your way...she loves snowy days and is sad...her husband is driving down to their place at the beach to make sure everything is in shape for the incoming weather there...

Willie, with the rain first then temp dropping there is bound to be ice under the snow, even if it is only an inch...hope you don't have to drive anywhere in it...

Liz... you about ready for your company?...you sure have been preparing for her... |^|

Stay safe Mugger friends...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning everyone.  Barb, it feels good to have you back here.

Glad your feeling better.  Check back with us after your Dr. appt if you don't mine.

Ron, I am finally done.  I know that it seems that I've been working on the house forever.  It wouldn't have taken half that long if I didn't start running out of energy so often.  Resting feels good, but it doesn't get anything done.

Today I'll be cooking Paul's Killer Chicken Thighs recipe.  It will age overnight in the fridge to let the flavors meld together.  It will be perfect when Martha and I are ready for dinner.

Rain came through overnight and the temp is dropping.  It will drop down to the 20's tonight.  Now that my tropical flower of a SIL is coming we will have the coldest weather we've had all year.  Oh well, nothing I can do about that...
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

The snow event was no event because it never got cold enough here to produce snow. For the time being all of the precip has left the area and the cold will continue to move in.

At the moment the source of the pain on my side appears to be an oblique muscle injury. I got some muscle relaxers and made an appointment to get an x-ray on my side. I did not accept an offer to get more PT. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Thanks for letting us know, Willie.  I hope what they prescribed works.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2022, 04:11:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Willie.  I hope what they prescribed works.

It definitely will put me to sleep. With my insomnia that will certainly help.
Willie