• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Grey Wednesday

Started by Ron Sower, January 19, 2022, 12:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

60F and cloudy with 61% humidity...going to 65 today...  |brr| But at least no rain forecasted...they grey is not to my liking (as if that matters to the weather gods!!!  :D :D :D :D)

I think this will be another fishroom day for me...also a good day to go look for a 60g or larger tank for my next project - discus & altum angels...maybe that's where I should move my Leopoldi...and put the altums on hold til the Leopoldi breed good...
Also a good day to pay bills!, >:(

We went to taco Tuesday at our favorite street taco place last night and then to get frozen custard... I didn't eat it all last night so got it out of the freezer and had it for breakfast this morning..., |eat| |eat| |eat|...my stomach is probably saying what the hell is this  ??? ...where's the granola-blueberry-almond-banana stuff you usually send down here every morning???  ;D ;D ;D

Just decided to go look at tanks!

Have a happy day, Muggers!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi Ron and everyone else later.  I have it on legit report that the absent Barb will be back with us today.

I was up and at 'em early this morning.  I had a list of things I needed to get before Marth arrives Friday.  I needed some ingredients that I needed to make a nice dinner for Friday dinner.  I decided on Paul's Killer Chicken Thigh recipe.  As well as the red bell pepper and fresh lemon I needed from the supermarket, I needed laying pellets, chick starter, just one sack of senior horse feed, and a tiny bottle of cheap brandy.  I planned the fastest way to get it done and left at 9.  It takes about a half hr. to get to a liquor store where I live.  I can't even by beer unless I drive to Ellisville.  For hard liquor I have to drive farther to Laurel which takes about 1/2 an hour.  I hit the liquor store and discovered that according to Mississippi law liquor cannot be sold until 10.  Ho hum...I sat on my ass reading a seed catalog until the joint opened.  On the way back to Ellisville I stopped at a feed store along the highway.  It's a real dump of a place and I was surprised that they had what I needed.  The Ellisville feed store doesn't even carry senior horse food.  It was more expensive at this dump of a place but they had what I needed,  Then to the supermarket where I picked up all my other stuff.

I got home and got the chicken feed to the chicken house on a flat bed hand truck since the days of tossing the bags over my shoulder and just carrying them out there is a thing of the past.  I had to do just 1 sack at a time if the hand truck would roll.  So damn time consuming...

Now that I'm back home I'm out of the mood to finish what I started yesterday.  I will make myself get back in the mood and get a good rest tomorrow while the excellent meal is in the oven.

Some of my Discus eggs were gone this morning.  I'm not sure about the looks of the remaining eggs.  They're not white.  They just don't look right.  I should be seeing wigglers my morning if any of the eggs hatch.

I guess I'll get off my lazy ass not and get to vacuuming and mopping.  There are a couple of base boards I want to clean up as well.  The rest will be up to Martha and me together.  She loves to clean and I told her that despite all I've done she has lots of fun still to do.

Have a happy day friends.  I'll check in later so see what Barb and Willie have going on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi all, I finally got my new computer back today, after a long wait.  I will have to get caught up here, and will be posting again tomorrow!

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. It's been a busy day for me that started off with a bothersome pain on my right side that kept me from getting more than 4 hours sleep. It felt like gastro pain meets up with back pain and you can guess the rest. I made a telemed appointment with my doc for tomorrow am.

After that early drama calmed down some I saw that I had someone coming from the furniture place to fix my recliner that burned a motor. It took them two weeks from when I called them to schedule me but the technician showed up early and was quick and thorough. He was friendly too. I gave him a 5 star evaluation.

Now I look up and it's 8 pm and I never got a chance to get some rest in.

You all have a great rest of the day hopefully I'll have a better night and tomorrow a better day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry that your in pain and miserable Willie,  Check in with us before and after the telemedicine appt if you can.  You should have given the dude a $5. tip rather a 5 star review.  It would have meant a lot more to him in these slim times.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 19, 2022, 07:03:29 PM
Good evening everyone. It's been a busy day for me that started off with a bothersome pain on my right side that kept me from getting more than 4 hours sleep. It felt like gastro pain meets up with back pain and you can guess the rest. I made a telemed appointment with my doc for tomorrow am.
...sure sounds to me like a kidney stone passing... :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron