• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 149
Total: 150

Busy Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, January 18, 2022, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  I hope we get lucky and hear from Barb today.

I woke up raring to go this morning.  I changed water on the office snot tank and the 10 gallon yellow shrimp tank.  The shrimp tank is the one tank left that is full of duck weed so I waged war.  I must say for a tiny little enemy duck weed is a worthy opponent.  I pulled out all the plants and tossed them.  Sorry Ron, I simply cannot give away plants that I know are infested with it.  Then I removed the matten filter, rinsed it thoroughly in hot water and put it in the clean 20 gallon that I want to move the shrimp to.  Just to be sure I poured PP in that tank to kill anything that's left on it.  There are a few leaves of duckweed left in the shrimp tank that I will get out before I move the shrimp.  After going through all this work I'll be damned it I will risk getting it in the 20 gallon by netting out and moving the shrimp.

I have a little work to do on the kitchen.  The kitchen is a pain in the ass because I dirty it every day cooking.  It wouldn't be so bad if I could clean it once and it would stay clean, but that's not the way it works.

Despite all the work I've done the place still looks chaotic what with cleaning supplies everywhere in sight.  I will put all that shit where it's supposed to be hiding, then vacuum and mop the floor.  After I dust and oil the furniture the place will look presentable.

Barb, I have a question for you when you get back on.  Once I get the 10 gallon tanks out of the grooming room I want to put house plants on the platform in front of the widow there that gets almost no direct sun but lots of indirect bright light.  I would like some suggestions of what plants will be pretty and do well in those conditions.

My young Discus pair are guarding their eggs.  It's a nice tight large clutch.  I have such poor luck breeding these I won't get my hopes set too high.

So what's up with you gentlemen today?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

High will be 65 today..chilly but with some sun...

Gonna do the maintenance on my one customer today...gotta write up info about our upcoming swap on the 6th....a little more fishroom putzing....

I think tomorrow we're going to the big Odysea aquarium....been here 5 years now and haven;t been yet...

Y'all take care and have a happy aquariuming day! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz, Ron and everyone. Another cold and windy day here. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees tomorrow but usually when we have a good temperature day in the winter there are usually strings attached like high winds and rain. At the moment the string is that it will only be a one day thing before the temps crash again Thursday.

Unlike Liz I am a little tired today have haven't done a thing. I am waiting for Amazon to bring me some printer in so that I can print a couple of labels to ship a couple of things off. My ink is "Out for delivery" at the moment.  We will see how long it takes to get here.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.