• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 06:51:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 196
Total: 197

Sunny Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, January 17, 2022, 12:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning gentlemen.  It's sunny but still kind of chilly out, not too bad though.  It's nice in the sun.  Of course it will turn cold again by Friday when Martha arrives.  Living in Brazil she refers to herself as a tropical flower.  But she's in Boston now, in the snow, so even if it gets cold here it will be warmer than it is where she is now.

I'm having a lazy day today.  When I have a lazy day now I just go with it instead of fighting against it.  I'm sure I'll get some base board and wall cleaning later, just not right now. 

My young Discus pair are wanting to spawn again.  The way Discus shiver their bodies and rub against one another is sexy in a fishy kind of way.  It's really quite fun to watch.  I drained 80% of the water from their tank and refilled with RO so the water will be conducive to egg hatching.  Last time was their first time and I got 4 wigglers which were eaten over a few days time.  I hope I'll have better luck this time.

I do believe that I have gotten all the duck weed out of my fish room tanks.  I look for it when ever I'm down there and haven't seen a leaf in over a week.  The only tank still infested is the 10 gallon shrimp tank in the grooming room.  I want to get those tanks out of their and use the spot for house plants instead.  I want to move the shrimp to a 20 gallon in the fish room.  I might get going on that project later today.

What's up with you guys.  More interesting things than I have going on, I'm sure.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz an everyone. Liz it's great to hear about your young Discus and their romantic adventure. Hopefully they are more successful with their next spawn.

It's been a crazy last 24 hours with respect to the weather. It a'' started last night with snow blanketing the area before the temps climbed up into the 40s and turned that snow into rain by this morning. It is now dry and the sun is out but the current temp is 38 degrees and we have a 20 mph wind making it feel like 28 degrees.

Today is Lobe's 12th birthday so he'll get a couple of extra treats. I wish I could have gotten him a new toy but he "kills" every toy he gets. I'm sure that I have something put away that I'll let him play with. I just have to keep a close eye on him so he doesn't swallow anything that he shouldn't.

I wish you all a great day. Stay warm!
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy 12th Kobi.  Willie, a couple of old stinky unwashed socks tied together should work for a dog toy.  To my dogs tearing up stinky socks is second only to rolling in something dead.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Well...maybe 3rd time will be the charmed one...I've started this 2 times before!!! ...I've been in and out of the fishroom all day, so far...cleaned several glass tops, moved some brilliant rasboras into the new Apisto tank as dithers and it worKed!...the pair of Apistos was out in less than 4 minutes to see what was going on in their new home! ;D

It's 69 and still sunny right now...I only went out once today to get something off the carport, so I missed a nice day outside...I think my hometown of Roanoke, Va got between 8 and 12" of snow today and on the other side of the state, Sis got mostly freezing rain over on the east side after a skiff of snow...

Happy birthday to Kobe....!!! He's a good companion for you, for sure, Willie... |^|

Liz...take the lazy day when you can...you're starting to learn...BTW... if it doesn't get done today, it will be there for you tomorrow...if you're not there tomorrow, you got no worries! :D Just my  2c2...
...and I hope you have better success with your discuss spawning than I did with my angels...

...good luck with the duckweed...I spent some of my time today separating it from dwarf water lettuce which, for some reason has been a good seller for us...it's had to keep up,,, ???...today I tried using a sieve with pores large enough to pass the DW and ran a handful through at a time...worked fairly well... now I'll watch the DWF tank closely to pull them thar l'il boogers out when they show up...

Y'all have a good evening and keep on happily aquariuming,... |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron