• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

First Leopoldi angel spawn

Started by Ron Sower, January 16, 2022, 04:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Before I left to get the frogbit I was checking out the Leopoldi angels in their 125... they had a small cluster of eggs on the filter intake tube!!! |^| ....FINALLY!!! ...I don't think they'll be successful with this first span, because I moved my hand in near the are of the eggs and they backed off rather than attack me...we'll see what happens though...

I got them as young juries and I've had them about a year...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

What a big deal for you, Ron.  I wish you all the luck in the world with this pair.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Congratulations Ron. Like Liz said. That's a big deal.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Thanks... I've got my fingers crossed...I've had scalari spawns and raised a bunch...but this is totally new for me with the Leopoldi...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

Thanks Greg...

Most eggs gone but few viable ones still hanging in there!...Maybe I should get a con from Barb when she gets bac on here!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That's what I would do.  I think she has a couple left and won't be making more until Spring.  I might be mistaken but I think that's what she told me.  I know for sure that she still has a couple of gnome cones.  They're cool if you have a quirky nature like I have.

Don't despair if this batch doesn't make it.  They're still young and stupid.  They'll spawn again.

Ron Sower

That's what I'll do... al the eggs are gone now...what I expected...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I was wrong....all the eggs weren't wrong....I was noticing that the parents-to-be were still hanging around the intake tube and looked closer and there were still a few eggs almost on the back side...perhaps in the dark of night the cories or SAEs had gotten to most of the eggs, so I left a light on last night and they're still there this morning...

I may have not been giving the pair their just due...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

wsantia1

Willie

Ron Sower

The fry are free-swimming this morning!...there are 12-14 still alive....not a big angel brood by any means, but these have turned out to be decent first time parents.

Most ove the other fish one held to the opposite 1/2 of the tank!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron, congratulations once again.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Thanks, Willie....I don't have any way to raise them right now, though.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Fry gone and the 4 angels are buddies again!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron