• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Happy Sunday

Started by LizStreithorst, January 16, 2022, 10:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning my friends.  It's cold windy overcast and miserable outside.  I have enough work/play inside for it not to bother me. 

I was tired yesterday  I did get some little piddling and cleaning done in the house, then went on a shopping spree at the dollar store.  I bought things that I would have known about all along if I had a TV.  I discovered a Swiffer duster which removes dust and cobwebs with ease.  It has a long telescoping handle handle so I can do the ceiling, too.  The duster bends to the shape you need to dust the blades on the ceiling fan without standing on a ladder.  Then I got something called a Magic eraser.  What a marvelous invention!  The rooms that I've cleaned from top to bottom give me such pleasure just to walk into and admire.  Ahh...my beautiful base boards!

I decided to forgo sleeping in the fish room last night.  I slept in my magnificent bed room in my perfect bed under my wonderful electric and was snug and warm without having to use the central heat until I got up.  I feel rested and ready to tackle the world this morning as long as it doesn't involve having to go outdoors.

I spoke to Barb last night.  She won't get her new laptop until the middle of last week.  When she dropped the old one it broke the hard drive which  is making transferring data take much longer.  I guess we'll be a group of 3 for a few days longer.

That's it for me.  What's up with you two gents?  How are your knees today, Ron?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

60 here now, light clouds so it's sunny...  8)

My new knee is a little tight today but not sore...but I've only been up a little bit!... left knee seems okay so far...icing them must have helped...

Just got thru netting and bagging hello shrimp fir a lady to pick up in about 1/2 hour...
Put the Apistos in their 20g tank last night and they must be hiding out in a cave!...don't see them this morning...might need to get some dithers in there...
Going out to pick up some frogbit from another hobbyist after the shrimp pickup...keep running out...it's a fast mover...
On the way home I'll stop at Petsmart and see if the 60g or 75g ensemble is on sale yet...I'm getting anxious for it...

It's weird with Barb gone so long!...looks like Barb and Liz are going to get rain and Willie is a tossup between rain and snow...I'm really not good at reading weather maps...am I close to right?...

I hope all of you are safe and comfortable at home today...happy aquariuming!  |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is cold and a forecasted is rolling in. For the time being it is coming in as a fine snow but it is supposed to switch over to rain by 6 pm because the temp is supposed to climb into the 40s. Needless to say with all of the wind that's accompanying it, it feels much colder.

I spent most of the day in the fishroom and then watching football. The playoffs are here and there is really not much to do anyway.

I didn't get much sleep last because a neighbor had a medical emergency that required an ambulance to take him to the hospital for some test and overnight observation.

He's been having health issues since Christmas and I wanted to make sure his wife was ok and didn't need anything. They are really good people and look out for me and my property when I am away.

Anyway you all have a great rest of the day. I am going back into the basement to feed the fish and make sure I put everything up.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 16, 2022, 03:46:54 PM
Good afternoon everyone. It is cold and a forecasted is rolling in. For the time being it is coming in as a fine snow but it is supposed to switch over to rain by 6 pm because the temp is supposed to climb into the 40s. Needless to say with all of the wind that's accompanying it, it feels much colder.

I spent most of the day in the fishroom and then watching football. The playoffs are here and there is really not much to do anyway.

I didn't get much sleep last because a neighbor had a medical emergency that required an ambulance to take him to the hospital for some test and overnight observation.

He's been having health issues since Christmas and I wanted to make sure his wife was ok and didn't need anything. They are really good people and look out for me and my property when I am away.

Anyway you all have a great rest of the day. I am going back into the basement to feed the fish and make sure I put everything up.
...you're a good neighbor, Willie!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I picked up the frogbit today ...and like Willie, I'm watching football...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron