• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 08:43:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 240
Total: 241

Saturday doings

Started by LizStreithorst, January 15, 2022, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  Forgive me for missing yesterday.  By the time I got home from having service done on the Pemite I was plumb tuckered and needed a nap.  Then it was suddenly WC time and afterward I just didn't feel talky.

I'm feeling a good bit better today.  I got the pots, pans in the sink washed and put the dishes in the dishwasher (finally!)  I've got to do my best now to get my granite composite sink back to being pitch black.  I'm using WD 40 this time.  Cooking oil works pretty well but I'm hoping the WD will do it better.

It's still warm out but it's overcast and we'll have rain and cold coming.  No snow down here, thank God.

I'll be back to working on scrubbing walls and base boards.  It's such a job for an old lady with a rotting back but the results are so pleasing.  I'd never be doing this if Martha coming to visit which is another good reason for having her coming.  God only knows if I'll ever get this kick in the ass to do a bang up job on the house again.  I'm 70 and broken and she's 80 and less broken but she has 3 maids taking care of cooking and cleaning for her back in Rio.

Ron, you asked me about buying some of my Discus a few days back.  I'll be selling mine at quarter size which is already here, I'm just afraid to ship for another week.  Folks are still sending Christmas gifts back.  At any rate, as a first time Discus owner I would suggest that you start with Discus that are as close to adults as you can afford.  We have so many people on Simply Discus who say that they've had other tropicals forever and they don't realize that Discus have their own set of rules.  Raising small juvies to adult size is a job for people who have had a lot of experience.  There a lot of excellent sponsors on Simply.  Take a look at what they have to offer.  The pet store isn't a good idea because the pet stores get only the lesser quality Discus unless they have a relationship with a good local breeder.

I sure hope that Barb gets back on today.  It can't take this long to transfer data from one laptop to another.

Have a lovely day, everyone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I've been busy cleaning out one of my troublesome brown algae tanks. I'll manually get as much of the algae out as I can and then introduce some snots and otos it it to keep the algae under control. This is the African Cichlid tank so I had to pull all the rockwork and I am bleaching that out now. It will go back in once I'm sure it is safe to go back in.

Another cold day here with the temp currently at 23 degrees which is up from the 17 degrees that I got up to. Another snow/rain storm moves through the area tomorrow but this time I am supposed to be south of the snow line so all I will get is rain. Let's hope nothing changes from that forecast.

The only good thing I like about cold weather is that I tend to stay inside and eat whatever I want to without feeling guilty for overindulging. Tonight I'll have a nice big steak with some side that I haven't decided on yet. Veggies will probably not be big on the menu.

Have a good day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi gang...had a nice day...temp around 69-70 with cloudy overcast..shopped for groceries and a housewarming gift orchid for friends that moved from one hous in here to another this weekend...also got an orchid for a lady in here with whom I play Upwards online who had a knee replacement...

Tonight we went to another dance at the clubhouse...best band we've seen there so far...the lead singer was a real performer, dancing all the time he was singing...he had a broad repertoire and broad vocal range...lots of times as I sit and watch people dancing, I try to imagine them as teenagers! ...I dance slow ones a lot with Lucy and an ocassional fast one until my left knee (non-replaced) starts hurting...I'm now sitting in my recliner with an ice pack on each knee!...  wfwf...I hope this will thwart knee pain tomorrow  wfwf

I cooked some pork ribs tonight in the air fryer...found a rub recipe online I tried, and we loved the finished product...I had fun preparing it and then eating it! |eat| |eat| |eat|

Willie, Lucy is right there with you as far as steaks go...and veggies not on the menu!!, ;D ;D ;D I'm not as big a fan of steak as you two are...but I don't turn it down if you put it in front of me...  :P

Thanks for your discus advice, Liz...I may find a local breeder...is HIH as big a problem as it used to be?

Barb, hurry back...we miss you...my new Apistos will have your beautiful caves to choose from when they mature!...

Goodnight all....

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron