• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

It’s Friday now

Started by Ron Sower, January 14, 2022, 11:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Well...I don't know how I missed getting on here yesterday...wait a minute!...yes I do!...right after my cereal we started cleaning the house a bit, then some necessary bookkeeping, then friends came for an afternoon of cards and shrimp fettuccine for dinner...Lucy and I won....last time they whipped us, so it was a good game...

Looks like at least 3 of us were doing some house cleaning yesterday!...

My Apistos are of age for me to go pick up, and I hope to get them today or tomorrow...the tank should be ready enough for one pair...

In other fishroom news...my Daphnia culture had crashed several weeks ago...totally gone...
A few days ago I noticed there were a few Daphnia swimming in a plastic shoebox i keep snails in to feed my puffer...the water had turned green with algae...now the green is gone and there appears to be a healthy colony of Daphnia....I will put some of them into the actual Daphnia tank today to see if it will foster a new culture...I feed them powdered Spirulina...

We have a speaker coming to the clubhouse for a luncheon today...it caught my interest because he will talk about the history of this area we live in...I've enjoyed reading this little bi-weekly newspaper, "Territorial News, Your Connection to the Old West"....it has articles about many of the adventures, battles, and lives of those famous names we've heard about in the old west days...even reprints from the old newspapers of the day...so I should enjoy this fellow's talk today...

I hope all of you are doing well and have a great day!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron and everyone. I thought that I sent this out earlier but I didn't hit send and of course I closed the site so I have to start over.

From memory, I mentioned that I fixed my computer in the fish room and changed the water in my guppy and Endlers tanks. After 50+ years I have come full circle in keeping livebearers again. They are fun and easy for me.

Right now I have Angels, African Cichlids, Black and Gold Rams, Guppies and Endlers, Goldeneyed Dwarf Cichlids, Wild Bettas and assorted dwarf plecos and Otos. I think that is enough variety for me so I won't any others unless I get my hands on some Rice Fish.

It was nice for most of the day with the temp getting up to 46 degrees and plenty of sunshine. The wind has shifted and is now coming in from the west. With that the temps will drop down into the low teens. A snow and rain mix will hit us Sunday evening and last through Monday.

That's all for me. Have a great evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.