• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 159
Total: 161

Monday it is!

Started by Ron Sower, January 10, 2022, 10:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good morning,...I trust the Muggers are doing well today!

We have a lunch planned with the wife of my dear Covid-victim friend today and a birthday dinner out for Stan this evening...

Meanwhile, the progress in my fishroom cleanup project has stalled out...and the other set of shelves for the breezeway arrived and are waiting to be assembled...oh well!...

The tank I'm cycling for the Apistos is on the top shelf of the rack...don't think I'm gonna like it there...too hard to view...gotta figure something else out...

You Muggers have a good day!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. I just finished water changes on the two 75s. I also cleaned out the filters of those tanks. I didn't do more tanks because I ran out of hot water. When that happens I usually wait for the water heater to do it's thing and then start up again. Today I decided to put off the rest of the tanks off until tomorrow.

Ron I understand about the rack situation. I have a rack that is I am not happy with because the top shelf is too high for good viewing (I'm 5'10) and the lower shelves don't work well for me either because of my back issues. I'm still trying to work it out where my tanks are from waist to eye level. That means I will only be able to use 2 rows. I might do that and use the rest of the rack for storage. 

It's cold out but it is not snowing or raining so for that I am thankful. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  I went to the neurosurgeon today.  I don't know why I'm so down in the dumps.  I knew that they wouldn't be able to fix me.  I'll check in tomorrow.  It's almost WC time and after that I think I'll just stay home and drink.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi friends, so cold but sunny here today.  Tomorrow night is to be 20 or lower, that is real cold for this area. I covered my 3 outdoor faucets and made sure the hoses are empty or removed.  Sure don't need any cracked pipes, and I heard to leave my cabinet doors under the sink open over night to let warm house air go in there where the pipes are.

Liz I got the box today, thanks so much for the corms.  Will plant them in April.  I took Lucy to the vet just awhile ago, after a good exam, she has a viral bladder infection, thank God no cancer, which was my extreme worry.  She got a shot and I have a pill to give her daily for a month. 

Liz, call me anytime you want to talk.  You all have a good eve, and take care of all those fish!
Barb

LizStreithorst

A virus!  I'd have never guessed.  I've never and experience with viral bladder infection.  So I guess she just needs to get over it at home.  What shot did they give and what were the meds?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 10, 2022, 11:44:55 AM
Good afternoon Ron and everyone. I just finished water changes on the two 75s. I also cleaned out the filters of those tanks. I didn't do more tanks because I ran out of hot water. When that happens I usually wait for the water heater to do it's thing and then start up again. Today I decided to put off the rest of the tanks off until tomorrow.

Ron I understand about the rack situation. I have a rack that is I am not happy with because the top shelf is too high for good viewing (I'm 5'10) and the lower shelves don't work well for me either because of my back issues. I'm still trying to work it out where my tanks are from waist to eye level. That means I will only be able to use 2 rows. I might do that and use the rest of the rack for storage. 

It's cold out but it is not snowing or raining so for that I am thankful. Have a great day everyone.
. When I started out the fishroom I only set up the 2 - 125s that were at eye level while I was sitting in the chair...that was good...but the only way for me to add more tanks in there was to set racks and go up and down...more bending and tip-toeing...I'm 6'2"!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2022, 03:55:20 PM
Hi guys.  I went to the neurosurgeon today.  I don't know why I'm so down in the dumps.  I knew that they wouldn't be able to fix me.  I'll check in tomorrow.  It's almost WC time and after that I think I'll just stay home and drink.
...really sorry they can't do anything for you...I just called and left you a message...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2022, 03:55:20 PM

Hey Liz. I am very sorry they couldn't do anything for you. Is that the last resort? Maybe a second neurosurgeon opinion?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.