• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 11:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Early Sunday

Started by Barb, January 09, 2022, 05:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, sorry I missed here yesterday, just didn't get online until late last night.  It is cold but sunny yesterday, today up to 70  huh |brr|, then back down to cold starting tomorrow.  Such a weird Winter so far here. 

Found out 2 days ago that my daughter, age 45, needs major neck surgery.  She has 3 ruptured disks, one is compressing her spinal cord and nerve roots. She is in constant horrible pain.  Hoping the surgery will be asap and she has one of the top Ortho, neck, spine surgeons in the country!  So I feel confident he will fix her.  Her injuries are from domestic abuse years ago.  No need to go into that.

So I have plenty on my plate these days, and looking after my mom, almost daily now.  But I do make time for fish care of course.  And cats, and myself. Neighbor can take care of her own issues. You all have a good day,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  I was up early today myself.  I've gulped down my pain meds and am having my morning cup right now.  I do hope that I'm well enough to do some cleaning today!  My 3 step step ladder didn't arrive yesterday which was a disappointment, but I can get along without it.

I had a new pair of Discus form yesterday.  I thought that they were still too young but they were trembling with desire as Discus do and rubbing their bodies against one another.  This is heavy petting in Discus language.  I couldn't help myself.  Although you're supposed to let them spawn the very first time in the community tank to help develop their parenting instincts, I put them in a 20 gallon with a cone.  In the big tank they were trying to make love to a glass mug with an Amazon Sword planted in it.  They're a very pretty young pair.  I'll snap a pic later.

Hope everyone has either a relaxing or productive Sunday as they prefer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

God morning Barb, Liz and everyone. Barb unlike your temp I will only get up to 45 degrees today and that will be accompanied by rain. At least it's not snow. I've had enough snow already.

We've gotten 13.5 inches of snow so far this year and that is more than twice the amount of snow that we got the last two years combined. huh

I'll be playing in the fishroom and watching some football later. That is all that is on my agenda.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Apparently my poor disintegrating back needed all the rest I got in the past 2 days.  I'm astounded that I'm in such poor condition.  Today I feel much better and have finally made the bedroom perfect, gotten a start on the hall with it's 4 damn doors, and put a chicken in the oven to cook.

Here's a pic of my youngest Discus pair.  These are represented of what I'm breeding for.  Don't you think they're pretty?

wsantia1

Those are beauties Liz. You're going to have fun rearing their fry. I envy you and your discus magic. I'm also glad that you feel much better today.

Today, I opened Medicare premium bill and I am pissed that it went up 22 dollars a month. On top of that they padded my bill by an additional 30 bucks. I am thinking that's probably how much I was short for January's payment that I paid before the rate increase. Now I wonder how much my secondary insurance rate went up. huh

Willie

LizStreithorst

Thank you so much for the compliment of my breeding, Willie.  You certainly would not envy my "magic" if you only knew how much pain these fish have given me.  But i did have a vision of the type I wanted to breed and I'm proud of my progress.  I want them to be different enough from other Discus strains to name my homebred type.  I'm happier than you are to find myself feeling better today.

When things go up as everything has lately and I know that there it is out of my control I don't get pissed because there is no point.

Barb

They are gorgeous Liz!!  Hope mine will look like them.  Glad you feel better today, I feel bad, one of my cats has a real problem.  She is peeing blood, not hacking it up like I had thought 2 weeks ago.  I call the vet Mon. am.  Sick cat, hurt daughter, always a worry for me.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I know that you're stressed. Barb.  This is easily fixed with antibiotics.  Call them as soon as they open and they will get you in.  Which cat?

wsantia1

Bab, wishing your daughter and your cat nothing but the best.
Willie

Ron Sower

Hi gang...busy day with prep and doing the FB remote live presentation on Setting Up Saltwater Aquarium for Freshwater Geeks and Nerds! We had several technical issues that we will overcome by our next one...
I'm still not interested in setting up a salt tank...too much work and there is already enough for me to keep up with now...

I won't talk about my weather here...it's been so nice ... :D

I was reading what you were writing, Liz, about taking your meds...I realized that I haven't taken strong pain meds for awhile now...I'm thinking the knee pain was causing me to walk in a way that irritated my back...I do still have pain, but it's not nearly as bad...I lifted a heavy object a few days ago and did did have some back pain but just eased up on any more heavy lifting and the pain has subsided...I'm very lucky, I guess...

Barb, sorry you're having to deal with your daughter and cat problems and I hope they both have positive endings... letting your neighbor deal with her issues is really smart for you, in my opinion...

Liz, that young pair is beautiful!...when do you think you'll have any young ones available?... I'm thinking that discus in a display tank might be worth the time and effort...they had some at the store today that were really nice looking...

I guess you're going to win the snowfall contest this year, Willie!...I can't even get into the race where I am! wfwf wfwf wfwf

That's all for now, gang!...sleep well and wake up fresh!... :D :D :D

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron