• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 06:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 242
Total: 242

Snowed In Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, January 04, 2022, 05:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yes I am snowed in. We got between 10 and 12 inches of the white stuff last night and it is frozen solid. My neighbors cleared my driveway and I can get out if I needed to but the response by the HOA to our condition is zero. They say that they will try to clear the streets today but we shall see. The HOA is getting blasted via email by the residents of this subdivision and there no response what so ever.

In related news on I 95 in Virginia there are people that have been stuck for 15 hours. Most have run out of gas and are just stranded. What a mess.

Needless to say I am not going anywhere today. I have a spot in my front yard for Kobe to do his business but so far he's only peed there. I need him to poop in that area because I am not walking anywhere in the frozen snow.

In the fishroom all is well but I need to do more. It's going to be an interesting day for sure.

Have a great day everyone. I will try to make the best of my day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, holy moly, what a snowfall!!  I was just seeing the news pics of I95 in VA. What a frozen freezing mess, those poor people.  I hope none die.  Here it is very cold too, but not like up north.  To us below 32 is very cold here.  It was 29 when I got up.  But it is sunny, after the dark horrible weather yesterday.  High is to be about 45 today.  Do you have a fireplace to sit by?  Gas or wood if you do?  I have a natural gas fireplace but have not turned it on yet, since the weather has not been too cold yet.  I may turn it on tonight. 

Hope you all are well and enjoying your fishrooms these days, I don't have a fish room, just 2 tanks in my great room, and one in my plant room.  Going to set up, not done yet Liz, a fairly big tank in my bedroom for the discus I am getting from Liz later on.  I will be using a big sponge filter with a quiet air pump, don't want any noise to keep me awake.

You all take care of yourselves and have a good day!
Barb

Ron Sower

Good day you guys!

I-95 is bad enough without the snow!...Sister says they are backed up 50 miles according to news...what a mess!... ???

It's 47 now and will hit mid 60s today...sunny!...you guys on the east coast are really getting the cold weather now  :-\ |brr| ....hope you stay warm...

I did it!...Yesterday I saw someone's post to sell a 100g tank setup...I inquired as to condition and would they deliver for a fee...same footprint as a 75g and tall for angels and/or discus...it'll be here at 4pm today!!! Meanwhile, today I will do my office maintenance job at noon...

Yesterday afternoon, Linda and I began stowing away the interior Christmas decorations...ugh! We ended up clearing out a breezeway area between the house and the shed...stuff is all over the carport now until sets of shelves arrive from Amazon...once they put get here we can get that area better organized for clear passage...

I'll get the exterior lights down later this week...

Stay warm folks...and have fun fishrooming today!  ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on January 04, 2022, 07:40:54 AM
Good morning Willie, holy moly, what a snowfall!!  I was just seeing the news pics of I95 in VA. What a frozen freezing mess, those poor people.  I hope none die.  Here it is very cold too, but not like up north.  To us below 32 is very cold here.  It was 29 when I got up.  But it is sunny, after the dark horrible weather yesterday.  High is to be about 45 today.  Do you have a fireplace to sit by?  Gas or wood if you do?  I have a natural gas fireplace but have not turned it on yet, since the weather has not been too cold yet.  I may turn it on tonight. 

Hope you all are well and enjoying your fishrooms these days, I don't have a fish room, just 2 tanks in my great room, and one in my plant room.  Going to set up, not done yet Liz, a fairly big tank in my bedroom for the discus I am getting from Liz later on.  I will be using a big sponge filter with a quiet air pump, don't want any noise to keep me awake.

You all take care of yourselves and have a good day!
Barb

Hey Barb I have a gas fireplace that I never use. When I lived in Chicago I had a fireplace that I could use as gas or wood. I preferred the wood so that's how I had it set up. I only used that one when I had company.  mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Oh Willie, I'm so sorry about your weather.  Mine is like Barb's.  I was going to complain about it but now I'll keep my mouth shut.  At least you're not sick like you might have been.

I did great yesterday, but the animals are costing me more than I cost myself.  Between the feed store and the meds I picked up at the vet I'm $250. poorer.  The good stuff started when my neighbor came down and got that monster container I use to raise chickens out of the fish room.  Suddenly I had space!  I got the floor swept and stuff put away and made the bed down on my sofa down there.  That's where I've always slept when I have visitors.  I slept down there last night to test out how it treated my back now that it's worse.  It hurt when I first lay down but it hurts at first in bed.  When I woke up from a nice sleep it didn't hurt but now that I've been up and doing things it's hurting again.  But then again, I did a lot of stuff yesterday including moving fish and PPing another tank, a bunch of sponges, cones and caves.  Maybe it would hurt even if I had slept in my bed.  I'll try again tonight and see how it goes.

I never made it to the supermarket yesterday.  The parking lot for the big store by my LPS was packed and I wasn't feeling like walking a distance to get in then having to walk around a huge store packed with humans.  I'll go today to my local store in Ellisville which is OK because I didn't mail off Barb's belated birthday gift yesterday.  When I went to my rural PO it was closed for lunch.  The Moselle PO is so small it only has one person working there.  I can send it at the Ellisville PO which is small but not that small.  At least they don't close for lunch.
Other than that I'll be cooking and cleaning while my meal cooks.  I hope my back can handle that.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 04, 2022, 10:25:28 AM
I hope my back can handle that.
...I sure hope your back gets better as the day goes on...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I hate that the day is half gone and it seems as though I have gotten nothing done.  I took my heavy bed cover to the laundromat a couple of weeks ago.  Soon afterward one of the dogs puked on it.  I wiped it off and dealt looking at poop stains on quilt for a week but now that Martha will visit soon I had to do it all over again.  I figured that since I had 3 other places to go in Ellisville I thought that this was the perfect time.  I was back from 2 errands just as the washer was finishing.  I put the heavy thing in the dryer.  I ran my errand and still had to wait 40 minutes twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to dry.

Since I've been home I've prepared and served Charlotte her lunch, looked at every tank of fish and gave the young ones and Discus lunch, and checked on the chicks which haven't been in their run since it turned cold.  I was worried.  Those damn chicks are having a party inside their house where it's protected and a bit warmer from the heat lamps. 
They are flying around from perch to perch.  They are turning into grown up chickens.

I'll cook tomorrow.  I'll have some Boutin that I picked up at the store earlier.  My damn back is being mean to me but I'll clean that bath room until it squeaks no matter how much it hurts.  I can handle a little pain.
Always move forward. Never look back.