• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:15:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Monday and Cold

Started by LizStreithorst, January 03, 2022, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It dropped to freezing last night after highs in the 70's for days on end.  You should have heard the wind howling!  It's calm now but will be staying quite cold for the next several days.

Lots for me to do today.  Post office, vet's office, pet store, supermarket and feed store.  The chicks and hen's are almost out of food.  Charlotte got breakfast but that was the last of the horse feed.  Xena is almost out and the dogs, although not desperate needs could use another sack of food.  I take the chick and hen feed out to the chicken house on my flat bad dolly and scoop it in their feeders by the bucketful.  I'll also have to empty a sack of horse feed into buckets and carry them inside.  I don't I'll have much get up and go left after all that.  I'll manage to do WC but it won't be easy.  Cleaning the bathroom will have to be put off one more day.

Wishing everyone a happy healthy week and Barb a great birthday.  She and I are the same age again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. We are in the in the middle of a weird snow storm here. Usually the snow storms are to the north and west of me. It is cold and dry there.

The precip is coming from the south and the cold air is coming from the west and these two systems are meeting up in my location and are in the process of dumping 10 inches of snow on us.

I will not do much of anything except maybe clean off snow from my driveway. this is a fine, wet snow so there is really not much else that I can do with it with my back.

Anyone willing to help me would not be able to because I won't let them get close to me because of my situation so I will have to wait until the HOA people show up. Hopefully they do better than last year.

Have a great day everyone and Barb have a Great Birthday.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Happy Birthday to you, Miss Barb!

52 right now and finally going back into the low 60s today...i quit quoting what the exact highs will be as per weather reporters because it's never exact!...
by the latter part of the week I'll be taking down the outside Xmas lights in shorts!!! :D 8) |^| ......I hope!

Ebay guy came by last night and we pulled and bagged plants together for an hour and 45 minutes...over forty orders to go out...we didn't ship xmas week...so he left here about 9:30 or so and went home to pack and label and finished up about 3AM...ahhhh, youth! :D ;)  Today I'll put the fishroom back together...!

Stan and I went over to a fishfriend's house yesterday afternoon and visited for awhile...He has the altum angels that are so large and beautiful...!

I'll be helping Miss Lucy finish packing up the inside Xmas decorations later today...always a sad project for me...

You folks have a wonderful day and happy aquariuming/fishrooming! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Liz, Willie and Liz, busy busy I see.  Right now I just put on heavier clothes, since the house is getting cool, I keep it at 69, but the last week or so it has been 78 or more inside.  Too warm  Just getting ready to fix myself a special birthday dinner, a recipe I found in Oct. Southern Liv. mag.  Has sausage, butternut  squash, apples, onions, cranberries, seasonings and I am adding spinach since I like it so much. It is a casserole.  Hope it is as good as the pic looks.  Will let you know.  You all have a good eve, and stay warm if it is cold where you are.  Supposed to go to the 20's here tonight.  But no snow.  BB tomorrow.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Send me the recipe, Barb or post a link if you would.  I'm ready for something different.
Always move forward. Never look back.