• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Rainy Sunday Morning

Started by wsantia1, January 02, 2022, 06:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's been raining most of the night and the rain will continue until the mid morning. It is currently 53 degrees and we will get to a high temp of 62 degrees this afternoon. It all goes downhill quickly from there as a cold front currently in the midwest will collide with the moisture that's coming from the south.

The temp will drop will drop into the mid teens overnight and the result of all of this will be 4+ inches of snow here tomorrow morning. huh I am really hoping that the weather people have it wrong again. It is currently snowing in Chicago, a place I used to call home. That's what's headed my way. huh

Now that I am feeling better I need to get my butt moving in the fishroom today. Maybe I'll get something accomplished for a change down there.

At the moment I need some more coffee. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie and the rest of you that show up... :D

Willie, my temp is close to yours ATM...52...and will go to about 58 today...sunny skies and no wind...tomorrow begins a slow upward trend toward the high 60s...yay!!! |^|

My Bosemani Rainbows have really colored up nicely...I've been feeding them some live Blackworms and frozen bloodworms...can't remember if I've mentioned that 2 of my Leopold angels appear to be pairing off...and my 4 Vienna Guppies in a planted 20 tall have started producing. The Fundulopanchax Gardneri are producing too...Also both my Daisy's Rice Fish and Javanese Rice Fish females carry eggs almost every morning now... I'm going to move a few pairs of them into a 20 so some of the spawn will survive....I think I'll sell or trade off most of my small tetras and barbs in the Leopolds' 125g to lessen the possibility of egg predation should they spawn...

Meanwhile I frequently sit in the fishroom, looking all around it, realizing that I need to upgrade my air distribution and lighting schemes, but can't seem to get motivated to start... :-[ ...

I'll chk in later to see how Barb and Liz are doing...Willie, sure glad you're doing well now... |^|...stay safe in your weather...happy fishrooming ol' boy :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

'Morning gentlemen.  It's 52 here too but the temp will drop to 32 overnight.  I'm going to get the water changed on the inside tanks today while the weather is still tolerable.  I'd planned to tackle the bathroom today but I don't know.  I'm hurting a lot more than usual today for no reason.  I may spend the day sitting on my ass. 

Barb, I have a box of Gladys's bulbs today.  I'll send them off tomorrow.

I have never had a spawn of Discus acting so strange as this new spawn.  Rather than attaching to their parents they were drawn to the far top corner of the tank.  Yesterday I gave them a touch of powdered food that supposedly is smaller than BBS and put on some San Francisco Bay Brine shrimp cysts.  Today they still prefer the corner of the tank to mom and dad but they are coming out more and more to snack on dad who stays close to the corner.  The appear to be snagging the brine shrimp, too.  There are about 40 or 50 babies and despite their strange start I believe they'll make it.

Have a nice day my friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

At this moment it is 60 degrees outside. Tomorrow's high temp will be 33 degrees and we are expecting up to 8 inches of snow. That is more than the last two years winters combined. huh
Willie

Barb

Wow, Willie that is a whole lot of snow! Just very cloudy here today, high about 70, but tomorrow comes the rain and cold, for this area cold.  40's.   I have been busy doing repotting of my succulent collection, it is very large, so a big job.  I am almost finished.  Only do it every few years thank goodness. 

Sounds like you all are well, and keeping busy too, as you are able.  My daughter is still sick with Omicron, it has hit her hard, she has 2 Modernas but not the booster yet.  And she had the original Covid.  Son in law a bit better and son is almost well after being ill for over 2 weeks.  Willie, you recovered very fast, and you are older than they are.

Have a good eve, you all!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on January 02, 2022, 04:00:41 PM
Wow, Willie that is a whole lot of snow! Just very cloudy here today, high about 70, but tomorrow comes the rain and cold, for this area cold.  40's.   I have been busy doing repotting of my succulent collection, it is very large, so a big job.  I am almost finished.  Only do it every few years thank goodness. 

Sounds like you all are well, and keeping busy too, as you are able.  My daughter is still sick with Omicron, it has hit her hard, she has 2 Modernas but not the booster yet.  And she had the original Covid.  Son in law a bit better and son is almost well after being ill for over 2 weeks.  Willie, you recovered very fast, and you are older than they are.

Have a good eve, you all!
Barb

Hey Barb, My granddaughter is also having problems but not anything that she needs hospitalization for. I had the 2 shots plus the booster of Moderna. Today I had the Delaware Department of Health call me and asked me questions for about 30 minutes.

The told me that I had to be in quarantine until the 8th but that they are updating their guideline to be in sync with CDC. As a result I will probably be let out of isolation on the 5th. I will also be getting a release letter from them when that happens.

Today they emailed me an excuse letter to take to my job or school if I needed one. I had to laugh about that.  huh
Willie