• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 11:00:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227

Happy New Year Saturday

Started by Barb, January 01, 2022, 07:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everyone, here we are in a brand new year, just hope it will be better than 2021.  I watched the ball drop last night, then had to listen to a full 30 min. of some jerk shooting firecrackers just down the street from me.  Even my cats were annoyed.  I like fireworks, not firecrackers. >:(  All is quiet, sunny and warm this morning though.  Sunday night the cold returns.

How did you all celebrate, if at all?   Hope you all have a good day/weekend now.  Willie are you doing OK?  Ron and Liz are you both healthy?  Watch out for those crowds.
Barb

wsantia1

Happy New Year Barb and everyone. I fell asleep before the New Year came but I woke up fresh and ready to go the start the new year. Barb I feel great but I am supposed to be under quarantine for 3 days after my symptoms go away. I have no symptoms this morning.

It is raining here but at least it's warm and will remain warm until tomorrow. I will be spending a lot of time today catching up on fishroom stuff. I also need to work my way through the fridge/freezer by throwing out all of the really old stuff and eating any old but still good stuff that I have in there. I can't buy any new food until I finish that project.

Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy and Safe 2022.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy New Year folks.  I never celebrate the holiday.  What I don't understand and never will is why the man made holidays are celebrated so when the real celebration should be the Solstice.  After all, that's when the sun starts coming back.  That's a natural holiday that signifies the rebirth of growing things.  As usual I fell into bed exhausted at 7 pm and got up at 6.  That's my life now and it sucks.  After WC in the fish room, feeding Charlotte dinner and giving Tink her 4 pills rolled up into a ball of cream cheese I have nothing left in me that can go.

Don't worry Ron, I didn't kill myself cleaning.  I did a hell of a fine job on the kitchen while dividing my time between cleaning and resting.  When I open the fridge now I'm blinded by the whiteness of it.

Today I'm doing the pantry.  I have never given this pantry a good cleaning since I have been here.  You can't imagine the things I bought and will never use and am tossing out...I'm lazy today but getting it done.  The sun is out and I'm not going to be able to resist just sitting outside some.  I have given myself 8 days to make this house as neat and tidy as I am able before my SIL Martha comes to visit.  She will appreciate my efforts.  Baring flight cancelations or coming down with Covid she will be here on the 9th.

Willie, I am overjoyed to hear that you feel better.  Still, please take it easy nonetheless.  You don't want to wear yourself out and give it a chance to rebound on you.  This virus does strange things.  I believe that we are all going ot get it at some point.  This would not be the case if everyone ran to get vaccinated as soon as the vaccines were available.

Ron, doing plants and having fun with neighbors today?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi all...We have a wonderful sunny sky with some wind and 51 degrees right now...looks like 55-59 is the forecasted high...similar to that tomorrow, then Monday it will start to go into the 60s...

We had a really good time last night...the band was good, appetizers were delicious, and Lucy and I danced a lot of slow ones...or as I call it...groping to music! :D   We stayed a bit longer to help clean up and got home about 1AM...read a little bit and started sleeping about 2AM....a few fireworks nearby but not much to bother me...

Good news on your improving health, Willie...Barb, so far the only health issue I have today is a tight new right knee, but it's not painful...and the old left knee that spoke to me while we were dancing last night, but is okay today... ;) "When I open the fridge now I'm blinded by the whiteness of it." ...Now that's funny, Liz! 

May hit one of our LFSs today...or go see a fish friend who's trying to convince me to get some Altum angels...those guys would look striking in a tank with discus...

Wishing all the Muggers a wonderful 2022 and much happy aquariuming!  :D |^|

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron