• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 04:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Stormy Thursday

Started by wsantia1, December 30, 2021, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

....in more ways than one. We will have on and off rain throughout the day but the temp will get up to 54 degrees, up from the current 46 degrees it is now.

The other storm is that my Covid PCR test came back positive. I had a feeling it would because I had a fever and I never get fevers. I feel like I have a cold at this moment but that can change. I am supposed to avoid contact with other people until at least 3 days after my symptoms go away.  huh I am totally vaccinated and boosted.

You never know what another person has so wear your mask and stay safe everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Sorry to hear that, Willie... Did the test let you know which strain it is?...I hope your symptoms are light and that you get over this quickly...Please don't forget to stay hydrated...

Well this morning I awoke around 6:30 to the steady noise of a large diesel truck and some loud thumping  and bumping...I peered out my window and what should appear?!...a truck across the street, 3 lots down, with a crane on its flatbed raised over the house there...!!! I think we have a park ordinance against noises before 7 or 8 AM...so I got dressed and went out and too pics in the pre-dawn light... I shall have s discussion with our park manager about this... >:( >:( >:(  I am not a very happy camper this morning!!! >:( >:( >:(

Since I was up and the noise was still persisting I got online and was reading articles about the Covid controversy over masking/non-masking...It's a toss-up crapshoot if you ask me...WE/They seem to know so little, still, about this stuff....or else it's being politicized way to much...

It looks like another cloudy dreary day here...48 now and tops out at mid 50s...but looks like sunny days may be ahead..49% chance of rain today...

I need to go pick up my plant order this morning...then this afternoon we'll play cards and have dinner with friends...we're going to start a slow-cooker beef and veggie soup in a few minutes to simmer all day...using meat and bones left from our prime rib Christmas dinner |eat| |eat| |eat|

So I guess I'll go get that started now...

Y'all have a great day and I'll check back in to see how you are doing, Barb and Liz...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi everybody. Willie sorry to hear you have it.  But this variant is way less dangerous than the others so you will be fine.  Just take it easy and do all the things you normally do when you have a cold.  My daughter, her husband and my son all have it, all vaccinated too, and all 3 had the original strain of it.  Seems the Omicron doesn;t care about vaccines or previous infection. Must be a whole new thing.  But it is mild.  My relatives with it seem to all be much better after 5 or 6 days from onset.

I was exposed 72 hrs ago, the 3 days it takes to get Omi, but I have no symptoms or anything.  I am wearing a mask any time I am out where anyone else it.  I wonder if the 30 people, all ages, all unmasked at that party I told you about, are sick now.  Many are kids too. 

Ron, I have lots of building going on nearby my house, so I know what you mean about the noise.  Here it starts at 7:30am and ends about 4 or even 5pm.  They were working on wet cement last night in the dark,  with a backhoe shining it',s light on the men working to finish up about 8pm!  In full darkness.

It is still warm here, but in a few days it gets to 40.  My birthday, Monday, is when Winter returns.   :(

wsantia1

Thanks Ron and Barb. I think I have the Omicron because I have cold like symptoms. Most likely I caught it from my 4 year old granddaughter who tested positive but is asymptomatic. huh

I'm not feeling too bad just a bit tired. Best of all I haven't lost my appetite so I'll be able to eat anything in my fridge.

Unfortunately I will be skipping my club meetings until they set up a masking policy. No more taking chances for me at all.
Willie

Barb

Willie, the symptoms my relatives have are cough, runny nose, extreme fatigue and some sore throat.  But no lung issues with this one.  Just cold symptoms.  Take care,
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on December 30, 2021, 01:47:58 PM
Willie, the symptoms my relatives have are cough, runny nose, extreme fatigue and some sore throat.  But no lung issues with this one.  Just cold symptoms.  Take care,
Barb

Barb, that's what I have.
Willie