• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Hump Day Wednesday

Started by Barb, December 29, 2021, 06:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks!  Still warm and sunny here but in a few days the temp gets back to normal.  It has been so warm lately I have an elephant ear in a pot, in a sunny spot next to the house, it thinks Spring is here and is putting out it's first new leaf!  Poor thing will freeze soon.

I need to get a tank set up for Discus babies from Liz.  I know where I want to put it, just need to do all the work to empty, clean, etc.  You know the drill.  I never breathe in clorox fumes, very dangerous to do, so what other cleaning sterilizing solution do you all recommend?  I have to do it indoors.  Too heavy to carry outside. 

Have a good day all, and Willie I hope you get over your cold fast.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Barb, I use Hydrogen Peroxide when I can't use bleach to sterilize. You can use in indoors without any problems.

It's currently 44 degrees and going up to 55 degrees with occasional showers this afternoon. The temps will get back to normal on New Year's Day.

Surprisingly I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday. I took everything in the medicine cabinet before bed last night and I got a good night's sleep and woke up without a fever. I still have a runny nose and a cough and I will be taking care of those symptoms momentarily Now I sit here waiting on the results of the Covid test I took yesterday.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good to hear you're feeling better, Willie.

Barb, You may have a point about the chlorine fumes.  I was sick again last night vomiting.  Not projectile but not far from it.  When I get around to doing the last 90 gallon I'll use PP.  It works well, just get the water a dark purple and wait a day.  It can be deactivated with H2O2 or Prime.

I don't think I'll do much today other than clean house a bit and do some laundry.  I know it's time for the dog beds and my bed sheets when the bedroom starts smelling like dogs.  Dogs would be perfect if they lived as long as we do and they didn't smell like dogs.

My wigglers are still wiggling and my grow outs are still growing out.  No spawn yet from the young pair with Al's female or my Ram pair.

Once we hear from Ron the whole gang regular gang will have checked in today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, chlorine is so dangerous to breathe in I am surprised you are still with us.  Don't do it anymore.  It causes terrible lung damage.  And it is deadly if mixed with other cleaning agents. 

LizStreithorst

I won't.  I've learned my lesson.  I'm glad that I only have 1 tank left because the chlorine sure does make my old tanks sparkle.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Ok folks. Here I am! ...so the whole regular gang has checked in today!... ;D

Currently it's 49 and heading to mid 50s today...cloudy with 20% chance of rain and 91%RH...

Lucy's teaching 2 card classes today...one of the aquarium club young lady's ok'ing this time...she's bringing her young teen son and he and I will find something to do...it might be an ice cream kind of morning!!!  |eat| |eat|

I don't think my Daphnia culture is going to come back, unless there are egg cases in the bottom of the tank that I can't see....

The females of the two species of my rice fish are carrying eggs almost every other morning...I guess I should separate a few of them and try to rear them...right now I have them in the former 125 Congo tank...trouble is that I don't have another empty tank without fish in it or room to set one up... I'll figure something out...

Yes, Liz, breathing in chlorox fumes is bad s%#t...if you happen to mix it with some household cleaner, which one it is I can't remember right now, it will create mustard gas! Deadly stuff!...when I feel compelled to use bleach I keep a cup of vinegar at hand...it immediately neutralizes it...also I use vinegar to sterilize tanks and aquarium tools...

I sure hope you only have a cold, Willie...and that you get over it soon...

I listened to the Banner Medical group's head mucky-muck's press release yesterday on the Covid situation here in the Valley of the Sun...she was talking about how fast this Omicron variety is spreading, and how 90% of the hospitalized patients have not been vaxxed...I'm 95% sure I'm going to suspend our club meetings for now and maybe do them remotely... :( :'(

I guess I oughta get my shower before the ladies start rolling in here...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron