• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:05:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 145
Total: 147

Tuesday greetings

Started by Barb, December 28, 2021, 08:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, sorry I missed yesterday here.  It was a very busy day, and it started off with one of my 4 cats having a problem.  She was going around the house hacking up blood, quarter sized puddles, about 10 of them.  But she seems fine otherwise, no changes at all.  I am thinking she ate one of my houseplant leaves even though I keep them so far from the cats. Sometimes one is reachable. What do you think Liz?  Ever see this at the vets?

I went to a birthday party for a 91 yr old neighbor yesterday.  It was very disappointing.  I was the only one of the 30 or so guests with a mask on.  There were about 10 kids, from infant to teen, plus many older people and every age in between.  All sitting/standing shoulder to shoulder.  I grabbed a plate of food, at it by myself in the backyard and left.

Both my kids, plus husband and girlfriend all have Omicron now.  All are vaccinated too.  This virus doesn't care about the vaccs apparently.  Their symptoms are all those of a cold.  All out of work at least 10 days.  So now I am being even more careful where I go and who I am with.  I want to keep my mom from getting it.

Still warm and sunny here.  low last night about 57, high today almost 80!  I have summer bulbs starting to show green. They will die as soon as it gets cold again.  Very strange weather here.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, if she keeps doing it today I'd take her to the vet.  I never paid as much attention to cat stuff as I did to dog stuff but blood in puke or poop is a cause for worry.

It'll be 82 today.  Thunderstorms later today and tomorrow.  They say we could have dangerous winds and possibly tornados.

I got 6 tanks sterilized and refilled yesterday.  Today I have 4 more and 3 of the 4 are big ones.  I'm making wonderful progress on the duck weed but it's gonna be hard with the planted tanks.

The chicks didn't come out of their door right away this morning.  I sat down in front of their run, Isabel saw me and came up expecting a treat then all the rest of the big hens came running and started scratching around in front of the babies enclosure.  When the little ones heard the adults they started coming outside to play, too.

I've picked a favorite female.  Her name is Lady.  I've also chosen the best looking male.  His name is Manly.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Liz and everyone. It is cloudy here at the moment. The sun is supposed to come out and we are supposed to get up into the high 50s today. That is actually warm for this time of year around here.

I have a 2:00 pm appointment for a Covid test. I think I need to get one because I was around a whole bunch of people over the Christmas weekend and today I woke up with a slight runny nose and a scratchy throat. I have no fever but this Omicron variant has cold like symptoms. In the meantime I'll stay away from my neighbors until I get the results. I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

The back is still hanging in there but it usually responds favorably when I am being lazy and doing nothing. I was going to do water changes today but since I have to run out soon I will set up some hot mags and a diatom filter to clear up my tanks. I have a algae bloom in one and a bacterial bloom in another. I forgot to turn off some lights when I went away. huh

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Barb, how's the cat?

Willie, I hope you have the Omicron which I believe is more prevalent up your way than down here.  This virus totally sucks but if I were to come down with one I could choose Omicron.  Very few people mask up down here.  It's mostly old people and black people who do.  It's such an easy thing to do.  I don't understand the big deal.  I'll admit to not masking when my neighbors invite me to a gathering where I'm the only one who's not family.  I don't mask when I visit Ken and Twee at the pet store.  I should.  It's the Delta variant that's still going strong down here. 

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Sounds like we're all back on here now...good to know all's  well...

50 now and going to 52 today, cloudy and predicting rain this afternoon...humidity is really high at 58% right now...

Yesterday I went across the street to help a neighbor with his RO under sink system...it's old and to fix one part loosened the connections in other parts...so I came home and ordered new parts that I hope will take care of it...

I should go in the fishroom and check on things...maybe the daphnia population has started regrow the!...

Have a good day...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Cat update, she seems fine today.  I am keeping a close watch on her.  Liz and Ron, I sent your boxes of potter off today via USPS instead of UPS this time. Both are due Monday, we shall see.....

My daughter and SIL are really feeling sickly.  The Omicron can get you even with vaccs, and Diane and Matt had full blown Covid last year, so no immunity anymore.  This is scary.   My son is ill too, for over 10 days, with cough and fatigue.  All test positive.  He had Covid in Dec. 2019. before we were even told about it.
So, wear those masks and keep your distance from others, I sure am.
Barb

wsantia1

I got a test this afternoon, now I have to wait 24 to 48 for them to tell me if it's Omicron. Earlier I said I had no fever but when I checked this afternoon it was 100.6. My normal body temp is in the high 96 to low 97 range so that counts as a fever to me. I took some Aleve and it went back down.

If it's not Omicron then it could be the Flu. I was vaccinated for that too but the news said that we have a lousy batch of flu vaccine this year. On the positive side, I ate well today Atlantic salmon and sweet potato.

I forgot to mention that my granddaughter tested positive for Covid and I was with her most of the weekend. We did wear  masks.

Good night all.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.