• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 06:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 83
Total: 83

Sunday - the day after

Started by Ron Sower, December 26, 2021, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello friends...

I hope everyone had a good Christmas Day!  Ours was busy, but went exactly as planned with everything. How often does that happen?... :D

It's 58 right now and should go to 59  |brr| and then cool off....it's sunny though and that helps!

I suppose I'll be doing a WC or 2 later today...nothing new going on in the fishroom today...

Take care and happy aquariuming, folks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Oh Ron, you poor shivering dear.  It'll be 78 here later today.

I've been wasting time watching chicks foraging in the leaves of their coop and jumping in and out of their house.  If I get the energy I'd like to go out and roundup the winter weeds and grasses growing in my winter veggie garden.  I'm still paying the price for doing a lot (for me) Friday and Saturday so it's easy to be lazy.

My older, better quality Discus pair spawned this morning in their clean tank.  I changed out 80% of their water with RO, pulled the cone, dribbled meth blue over the eggs, put the cone back as the tank was filling and finally putting a cage over the eggs.  Now to wait and see if I see eye spots or eggs turning white.

I guess Willie is still in NY.  Anyone know when he'll be heading back?  I hope the traffic isn't terrible.  Traveling during the holidays is hard.  My SIL is in Chicago visiting her son John and his family.  She's coming here on the 9th.  But with all these flight cancellations I'm worried about her having a tough time.  She'll be changing planes in Atlanta so even if her flight from Chicago leaves on time there's no telling what will happen in Atlanta.  It's one of the largest hubs in the south.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron, Liz and everyone. I got back from New York at about 1:00 pm and it took me only 3 hours-non stop. The traffic was good going up and coming back which is a rarity. Surprisingly, except for some tightness getting in and out of the car I have no pain.

It was a hectic couple of days visiting the grandkids, great grandkids and then making a trip to visit my siblings. When I arrived my sister got very emotional (tears of joy) because we haven't seen each other for almost 3 years. She's 5 years younger than me and is the one takes after my mom the most. We had a great time with each other and my parents must have been smiling from above.

I'm a little too tired to do fishroom work but after a good night's sleep I should be ready to go in the morning.

Have  great evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Happy Day after Christmas you all!  It is almost summer-like here today.  People out and about in shorts, tshirts, sandals, etc.  I did some yardwork, pulling Winter weeds, like the ones Liz mentioned.  Also had a picnic in my car down by the river at a big park.  The park was jam packed with people and cars.

My mom and I had a nice dinner here last night and taking her home I took her on another light watching tour.  Lots of nice displays this year, better than ever before here.  Good thing my kids didn't come here for the day, daughter now has Omicron, caught from a sick person in her office, and she went to a big gathering of her husband's family yesterday.  And saw my son and his girlfriend. As contagious at it is, I guess she accidentally spread it to a lot of people yesterday.  She has her 2 vaccs. but not the booster.  She has an appt. to get it next week.  She is also dealing with a horrible pinched nerve somewhere in her upper spine, making her left arm numb, burning and painful, for over 1 month. No meds have helped.

I am well, hope you all are too, see you here tomorrow!
Barb