• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:38:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Tuesday at myhouse

Started by Ron Sower, December 07, 2021, 10:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

So the pic I posted last night of the weather forecast sucked....better one is below...I guess our best weather is just about gone for the year...

Today I scoot over to my office aquarium maintenance gig at noon...the tank there is set up with beautiful peacock cichlids and artificial decor...at the white elephant exchange I ended up with a scallop shell action figure that lifts its lid with air....I plan to install that today if the want it for the little kids that come to the office...not my own style, but they might like it...

I had to order some spotlights from Amazon for the golf cart decorations last night....hoping they will get here in time for Thursday's "parade"....I'm thinking we'll finish the decorating except for those this afternoon...

And, MAYBE, we can get started on the house interior decorating later today or tonight...!

Wishing you a great day with no pain...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron your weather isn't too much different from mine ATM.  Your lows are lower and your highs higher.  We'll get to 69 today but out low will be 49 which isn't bad.

I've been wasting time this morning watching fish and chicks.  My big pair of Discus in the tank with Barb's gnome spawned yesterday on his hat.  I found out that my snot growouts adore sweet potato.  How are your snots doing, Willie?

One of my chicks had pasty butt yesterday and I cleaned her off under warm water and helped her by squeezing out the last plug of poop she was having trouble getting rid of.  She seems OK today but it did set her growth back just a touch and I'm keeping an eye on her.

My back isn't bad today but I think I'll take it easy again.  I have nothing pressing to do.  I think I'll make a nice cheesy ham casserole for my meal of the day.  I'm trying to use up the ham that my dear grooming customer gave me and the casserole sounds just right for a chilly humid day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz, Ron, Barb and everyone. Unlike yesterday today is cold. It's 42 at the moment but it was 30F when I got up. At least it's sunny and less windy than yesterday. We will have a couple of days of this kind of weather and then it will get up into the high 60s later in the week.

I'm taking it a little easier today because I overdid it yesterday. My back hurts a bit but not enough to prevent from making some beef stew and red beans and rice. It smell yummy in here.

Liz the snots I got from you are doing great. They are in a tank with my black and gold rams. The gold ones are from a previous generation of black rams that I got from you. The are actually very pretty and I like them a lot.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in a little later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm glad to hear about your snots but sad to hear about your back.  Bad backs sure are, well...a huge pain in the back.  BTW. shrimp and Mistry Snails love the sweet potato too.  They totally cover a slice.

I just got back from Ellisville.  I decided to get ready to be sick for 2 days as I was from the first and second shots but since I lost my little white card I couldn't get it.  The health dept. has a copy they told me but first I'm gonna see if I can't order one on line.  I heard on the local news that they'll send you a plastic one which I won't throw out like I did with my old paper one.  I did pick up a 6 pack of collards.  It's never too late to stick in some collards and bought another sweet potato.  The shrimp and Mystery Snails are over it as well.

It is so humid outside that combined with the overcast sky and lowish temps that everyone who doesn't like cold is freezing to death.  When I got home I broke down, closed the door and kicked the heat on.  I'm fairly good at sweating when it's hot but I've never been worth a damn when it comes to freezing when it's coldish and damp.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, good thing I did lots of yardwork recently when it was warm.  Cold, gray and windy today.  With more to come, but by Sat. it is to be 70!  The roller coaster continues.  I went to a holiday party and took my mom, for lunch, at a local country club, for my garden club members.  About 20 of us went.  Nice time.  After that  I spent 2 hrs. getting my car serviced at the Ford dealer.  Now I need to eat dinner and chill out.

Liz, how great to hear the discus like the hat!  Did you get a pic?  Sorry about your back Willie, take it easy now until it is better agaim.  And Ron I look forward to pic of the golf cart.  Bet it will be really cute.  You all have a good evening,
Barb