• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 135
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Re: Sunday

Started by Barb, December 05, 2021, 06:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everyone.  It is kind of cloudy now and mid 40's.  Going up to 50'w. But the last 2 days have been very warm, almost 80! so I spent both days in my yard, and got a lot done out there.  Great days to garden!  May do some more later today after helping my mom for awhile.  She is doing quite well.  And will be 98 in May. 

I have been reading here about all your activities and glad you are all keeping busy and doing some fun things!  Hope today continues to be good for all of us.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Another cold morning to start the day but we will get up into the mid 50s by this afternoon. We have the mid 60s in the forecast this week but also snow and freezing rain to our north and west. I hope it stays there.

I'm not doing much today but I have to help a friend with her tank. I think it's time for me to be less generous with my time to some people. They get a tank, you help them set it up and give them detailed instructions on how to maintain it and they do nothing. When things fall apart they need you to fix it for them. It's happened too much to me. Sorry for my mini rant but that is a condensed version of what's really going on.

Anyway I have to head on over there so I'll check you guys out later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello all!...

57 now and going to be a sunny 76 today. I'll be indoors most of the day.

I have last minute shrimp bagging and car loading to do for our meeting today. I'm taking very little for our auction, but I have several prearranged trades I'll do. And I have tables and a bunch of raffle items.

You folks have a really good day... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  It is a beatuiful warm day again.  The house is clean, the fish room is tidied and friends and neighbors have been invited to admire my little chickies.  There is garden work I need to do, but I've done enough in the last day and a half.  I don't plan to do much today.  I do need to run to Ellisville to get some cream cheese to hide Tink's meds in and to spread on my bagel.  The rest of the day I'll just chill until WC time.   

Willie, my dentist who is also my frenemy helped me a lot when I moved back to Mississippi.  In turn I clipped some of his goats for the upcoming show which is hard work and also maintained his 55 gallon tank for about a month.  I taught him how to do it easily without buckets.  But this guy thought that I should say "thank you" forever.  All he wanted was to sit around and watch me do his work.  I got to the point where I decided that I had thanked him enough.  Now his has his staff at his dental clinic to maintain his tank for him.  The poor people are doing it with buckets.  Some people are simply unwilling to maintain a healthy tank.  Tell this lady that you will show her what to do and how to do it and once she has been shown you will quit doing it for her.  Or just up and stop doing it for her.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2021, 11:43:21 AM
Good morning friends.  It is a beatuiful warm day again.  The house is clean, the fish room is tidied and friends and neighbors have been invited to admire my little chickies.  There is garden work I need to do, but I've done enough in the last day and a half.  I don't plan to do much today.  I do need to run to Ellisville to get some cream cheese to hide Tink's meds in and to spread on my bagel.  The rest of the day I'll just chill until WC time.   

Willie, my dentist who is also my frenemy helped me a lot when I moved back to Mississippi.  In turn I clipped some of his goats for the upcoming show which is hard work and also maintained his 55 gallon tank for about a month.  I taught him how to do it easily without buckets.  But this guy thought that I should say "thank you" forever.  All he wanted was to sit around and watch me do his work.  I got to the point where I decided that I had thanked him enough.  Now his has his staff at his dental clinic to maintain his tank for him.  The poor people are doing it with buckets.  Some people are simply unwilling to maintain a healthy tank.  Tell this lady that you will show her what to do and how to do it and once she has been shown you will quit doing it for her.  Or just up and stop doing it for her.

That's great advice Liz. The funny thing is she runs the kennel I take Kobe and has staff. I'll happily train her staff. Liz she is near 80 and has a whole bunch of issues with mobility. I do get a discounted rate on boarding but I might the as well pay her the regular rate since I don't board Kobe much. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Kobi came home from there with fleas once, remember?  That is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned.  It's the duty of the kennel owner to at least notice a flea infestation in the facility. or give if it came as a surprise give the dogs going home the next day a Capstar.  At least they would go home flea free.  And that is my rant for the day.

Neighbors came to visit and admire.  I bought cream cheese for myself and cheap cream cheese for Tink.  I'm gonna roll out and sit in my pretty vegetable garden and then nap before WC time.

LizStreithorst

I know that it sounds like I always complain because having my spine betray me is difficult.  But this evening I'm not complaining.  I'm happy that my back allowed me to work as hard as I thought I was able for a full day and a morning.  I did take a small rest before WC.  My back demands that.  But I have done all my chores and even rolled out to the pasture and watched the bats flying around catching insects.  It must be slim pickins for them this time of year.  I think I'll finish watching the musical I started watching.  Have a nice evening and a good sleep my friends.