• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 01:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

Sunny Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, December 04, 2021, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...since I missed posting yesterday (but I did read), how about I start off today!

High 70s and sunny skies today here in "The Valley of the Sun"...before I moved here, I never dreamed of decorating outdoor for Xmas in shorts!...

We'll be finishing up wrapping and packaging Xmas gifts for the Wa contingency today...I hope. Got a bunch of Xmas cards finished and in the mail yesterday.

I'll be pulling stuff together for our Xmas meeting which is tomorrow. I've been following our reservations polling on our FB page about every 3 hours since Tuesday so non-members don't reserve seats before the deadline was up for the paid members to sign up. We only had a few nons sign in early and I sent them notes to ask them to uncheck their names until after 6pm last night. No one complained and some apologized for not reading the full instructions...due to fire code, our max is 100 and one time we had 130... huh

Yesterday morning we went down to Florence for friend Terry's memorial event in our old clubhouse.  It was a good event. Tears, stories, and happy smiles for a friend we're going to miss. Got home, took a nap, then pulled plants for eBay guy to pick them up last night. He came about 9:30 and stayed and chatted til midnight! He is such a nice kid..25YO...and has his head on much straighter than I did at that age...we really enjoy his weekly visits...he invited us to his family birthday party for his wife on Xmas eve...

We went to a new-for-us eatery last night...it's a restaurant/bar and they have bands every night but Wednesday... went with Stan and Barb...enjoyed the food and music but it was a little loud to carry on a conversation. We'll go back though because it has an inviting and comfortable atmosphere...

Tomorrow our lead group for the club is going to meet early before the meeting so we can prep the gift bags of fish food to hand out, set up the 3 level raffle table (approx. $2500-$3000 in items bought from and donated by our sponsors), set up auction tables, and prep free raffle tickets for paid up members. It is a lot to do in short time but it will work out fine.

Guess I better get my day started...happy aquariuming all ya'll... :D

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning Ron.  It's 73 here today.  It's our high for the day which is fine. 

I got the veggie garden watered this morning cause I don't expect we'll be getting any rain for a while.  I still have room in the garden for one more thing.  Collards will still do well if planted this late so next time I'm at the feed store I'll pick some up.  I still need to mulch but not today.  Today I'm cleaning some, sitting some, and watching baby chicks some.  I hope I get done what I want today.  I have to do a half assed job on the fish room too, and that will take longer than the house.  I'm getting it done bit by bit, though.  Guess I'll get back to work...
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Dang, I hurt but I'm not giving up.  I'm resting ATM waiting for my drugs to kick in.  Then I need to make a beer run,  The house is as good as it gonna get except for mopping and dusting.  Cleaning house should not be that hard on my body, but it is these days.  I've already tidied up the fish room but I still need to at least sweep the filthy floor.  It could actually stand a good washing but I'll settle for sweeping.  It will be tomorrow before I can invite my friends to admire my baby chicks.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi, just typed a whole message and poof it is gone. I am too irritated and tired to retype it all.  So, you all have a good eve, and I will be back tomorrow.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on December 04, 2021, 05:46:08 PM
Hi, just typed a whole message and poof it is gone. I am too irritated and tired to retype it all.  So, you all have a good eve, and I will be back tomorrow.
Barb
...I hate it when that happens...and it happens toooften for me! :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron