• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 06:51:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Cloudy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, November 30, 2021, 10:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is currently cloudy and the temp is 42 degrees going up to a high of 46F this afternoon. When I got up this morning it was 36 degrees and the weather people were talking snow to the north of me. With the current temps what they are any precip that we get will be rain.

I decided to get my fishroom chores out of the way early while had lots of energy and before any back pains would force me to neglect the necessary work once again. I am happy to report that all of my water changes are complete including 2 tanks that needed a very deep cleaning.

I did have one casualty but it could have been worse. All of the fish now look happy. The turtle will get done tomorrow but her tank is still in good shape because I did it over the weekend.

I will now go upstairs and get a snack before I plugged myself into the stimulating machine for 20 minutes to head off any possible oncoming pain.

Have a great day everyone.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi folks!

We're having to take reservations for our meeting this Sunday because we're limited to a max of 100 ppl in the meeting room. Don't like to have to do that, but Fire Marshall's are running hot during the holiday season and we don't want to get banned from our meeting place. Registering the reservations will keep me busy this week.

Meanwhile, I'm going to drop Lucy at her meeting this afternoon and go pick up some Emerald Cories to add to the ones I already have.

Lucy has been learning how to make epoxy discs that we are turning into fridge magnets. We're using our SAS logo label as the item that's epoxied and affixing magnets on the back. It's time consuming. I'll be giving these to our board members and chairpersons as a token of appreciation for what they do.

Guess that's all for now folks! Have a great rest of your day and keep smiling!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That's a lovely design.  Miss Lucy is good.  If it were a Discus in the center I'd buy one.

Willie, it was colder here last night than I expected.  I knew I was taking longer to wake up than usual and when I finally did around 7:30 which is late for me, I checked the thermostat and it was 56 degrees in the house!  No wonder I was wanting to hibernate!  I need to quit leaving the door open for the dogs and get a pet door.  A pet door leaks AC and heat, too but not as bad as a door open and ho heat on.  I do like it cold when I sleep.  56 was fine when I was under the covers with warm dogs against me.  But when it's time to wake up I need for it to be warmer.  I guess I need a programable thermostat.

Bad backs suck.  Willie knows.  I did a little pleasant work in the veggie garden yesterday.  I pulled and tossed my zinnias that I planted in late summer.  They were beautiful way longer than the ones planted in the spring.  I have an empty 4X8 bed.  It's late in the season for most stuff but I think I can take a chance on Swiss chard.  Collards can make it for sure.  After the garden I unloaded feed into 2 gallon buckets and brought them inside.  Even that has become hard for me.  Then I thought of what might have been an easier way to get the chicken feed to the chicken house.  It worked fine until it didn't.  I ended up having to carry the 50 lb sack a few feet and up a food and a half into the chicken house.  I did it, but it didn't good me any good.  Today I'm sitting around not doing much again.  At least I take care of my animals properly.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, I just typed a whole post and it disappeared.  So frustrating!  It is good to hear about you 3 and what all is going on.  The magnets are great Ron!  Willie and Liz you must take good care of those backs.  Wish I had good advice for you both.  My bum right leg is much better now that I know how to take care of it.  Several times a day I do stretching exercises and that helps so much.  Just wish I knew about this 50 years ago.  I will write more tomorrow, need to fix my dinner now, left over steak, spinach and sweet potato.
Barb

Ron Sower

I'm fortunate right now. Once we figured out that my sacroiliac joint needed some attention and got cortisone, my lumbar and sciatic areas are a lot less painful. Still, later in the day, I get fatigued and painful. So I just rest up. No Tramadol...too itchy.  Gonna use indica gummies and Tizanidine to sleep at night. I'll switch them every other night. Don't see the pain doc for 90 days unless things change.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Can't help it...please don't hate me!.. 8) 8) ???
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 30, 2021, 11:35:22 PM

You're not that big of a deal, Ron.  It will be into the mid 70's into next week.  Chilly in the mornings, though.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2021, 08:11:26 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 30, 2021, 11:35:22 PM

You're not that big of a deal, Ron.  It will be into the mid 70's into next week.  Chilly in the mornings, though.
...buzz-killer...!!!🤣🤣🤣
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst