• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 11:06:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Finally Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 27, 2021, 09:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Ron, I try not to do things that hurt my back but sometimes I just can't help myself.  Although I was so whupped from bringing in that big brooder box/outside fish breeding container I didn't even have enough left to do WC.  But I got great satisfaction from having done it by myself.  Since I know now that I can still do it, I will wait until a strong gentleman or a couple of willing kids to take it back outside after I move the baby chicks to the chicken house.

Surprisingly I feel pretty good today but I'm not going to push it.  This morning I put an egg crate divider in the big brooder box and moved Thanksgiving and her heat lamp, food, water and mirror.  That way when I put the new batch of day old's on the other side Thanksgiving will be able so see them but not get in with them.  That idea came from my head and my experience with fish.  So far all I've seen Thanksgiving do is play with her reflection in the mirror.  I should have named her Narcissus.

Now that I have thought about it what has made all that busting of my ass worth it is the joy of having a new project.  I thought I'd get obsessed over my new Discus fry but it never really happened.  I just know that once I get the new group of chicks I will get totally obsessed.  BTW, Xena is the best cat in the world.  The first time she saw baby chicks she wanted to hunt them so I covered the brooder box with a screen instead of punishing the cat for doing what comes natural to a cat.  But somehow she figured out on her own that I didn't want her to hunt something that was mine.  The last time I raised day old's I never covered the brooder box and Xena totally ignored the chicks.  This tiny kitten that lived in the office and slept on a bed in my desk drawer now is the boss of all my dogs and ignores baby chicks.

Oh my.  I've been blathering.  Sorry.  It's cold but sunny here.  It will be a bit warmer tomorrow.  My plan for the day is to sit and roll around on my race car and enjoy what I have.  It's way better when I do that than when I sit around and be miserable ;D  Hope all of you friends are well and happy today.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I know what you mean about feeling good when you accomplish a project, Liz. I'm working on one today, a little bit at a time. The summer winds have blown the vinyl panels enclosing our little patio area out of their tracts and I'm just getting to feeling like taking on the project of resetting them and adding more screws to attach them for more stability. I'm just doing it throughout the day. In fact, I only have one 4' section to complete screwing the bottom. Bending over is not a thing I do well; so it's a little bit at a time.

We did a lot of sitting in our recliners yesterday and my back muscles are telling me about it today...! ;D  Thankfully it's not arthritic pain.

I've finally decided that I want to put Bosemani Rainbows in the recently set up 75g in the game room. The Serpae tetras I have in it now, and was going to add to, are just too small to see from across the room. And I don't think the rainbows will hide as much.   The the Javanese rice fish that I put in the former Congo tank have spawned. I saw all 4 females carrying eggs a couple days ago and am watching for the tiny fry to appear. I'll be getting some more juveniles in a few weeks from the man that I got these from. I'm not going to restock with Congos..at least now.

I've finally come up with a combination of Indica gummies and Tylenol PM that helps me sleep through the nigh. If I don't use gummies I use Tizanidine and that works too. I see my pain doc this week so will get him to re-prescribe it for me. Through my Medicare Rx plan it's a lot cheaper than the gummies.

I think I wrote recently that we're out of the 80's now....well looks like they're coming back for a few days next week and that's a nice surprise!

I guess that's all I have to say for now. I hope you are all having a good Saturday!
Ron

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Evening folks! All is pretty good here, just so cold outside, I can't work outside like I had planned.  When I got up this morning, after only 5 hrs sleep, everything was white with frost out there.  This is more like February temps.  Enjoy your heat Ron.  Now don't you two go and work too hard and make painful areas more so.  Take your time with your work OK?

I took a ferry ride today and a country drive I enjoy.  I usually get out of the car, on the ferry, and stand by the railing looking at the water and landscape.  Way too cold and windy for that today, but it was warm in my car due to full sun shining out there.    I am hoping to do yard work tomorrow, just getting rid of the black horrible looking frozen things. Since I look at them out many windows I have to do it.  You all have a good night, and hope we all sleep well.
Barb