• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Thanksgiving Thursday

Started by Barb, November 25, 2021, 06:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Happy turkey day my Mug friends.  It is a cold (26) but sunny morning here. Supposed to get up to 60 later for a few hours then back down.  At least it is sunny, that's always good.  My mom, son and his GF, and their 70+lb 8 mo old puppy will be here.  He is part great dane they think, but doing a DNA test to find out for sure.  They will have him securely on a short leash when he is here in my house, as all my cats hide, maybe one will come out. 

I cooked my turkey and other things yesterday afternoon, so most all is ready to go, just reheating later.  My special food is the sugar free, low fat pumpkin cheesecake parfaits I will make, hope they are as good as I think they will be.  I will let you know.  Most of my life is sugar free now, so I do what I can/have to.

You all have a good day and let us know how it was for you, later on.
Barb

wsantia1

Happy Thanksgiving Barb and everyone. It was cold here this morning too but it is now 42 degrees and going up to 55 this afternoon. I think the temp will get even higher.

I cooked my green beans and mac + cheese yesterday and have a couple of Cornish hens in the oven. This is the first time I am not cooking any turkey in a long time. It's okay because I am going to a neighbor's house for dinner and they will have plenty of turkey. I'm providing the soft drinks for the dinner and I've taken care of that already.

I wish everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving as we have a whole lot to be thankful for this year.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy be thankful day friends.  Judy surprised me yesterday by inviting me to thanksgiving dinner with the family.  Even later a old customer who became a friend called to invite me to eat with them.  It was lovely and unexpected.  I was thankful that Judy and Jack asked me first because with the old friend I'd have felt like the poor old lady invited out of a sense of duty.  I had a wonderful time.  They'd made enough food for an army.  I left with a to go plate :)

It was warm enough but not perfect like yesterday.  Last year we were able to eat Thanksgiving dinner on the back patio.  After I got home we had a bit of rain come in.  We'll get more overnight and then it will get too dang cold form my taste.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

It was a mixed blessings day...we are thankful for what we have, but we learned we're losing another closer friend tonight or probably tomorrow...

Hope al you had a good Thanksgiving...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 25, 2021, 11:47:39 PM
It was a mixed blessings day...we are thankful for what we have, but we learned we're losing another closer friend tonight or probably tomorrow...

Hope al you had a good Thanksgiving...

Sorry to hear that you are losing a close friend Ron. It's a rough way to start the holiday season. My condolences to you and Lucy.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.