• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 11:57:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 236
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

Black Friday

Started by wsantia1, November 26, 2021, 08:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We got heavy rain during the overnight but now the sun is out and we are at our high temp of 47 degrees. The temps will start to drop and the wind will pick up to the point where we will have wind gusts in excess of 35 MPH.

Unlike a lot of people, the mall will be the last place to find me today. I have already done 95% of my shopping already and I did it mostly via Amazon. The gifts for my grandkids are already nicely hidden in their homes and I will be picking up a few gift cards sometime next week for nieces and nephews.

I had a great time at my neighbor's house last night. We had great food and drinks and everyone was happy to get together once again. While we didn't have any turkey for dinner, we had so much pot roast, salmon and ham that the turkey was not missed. I got a couple of take home dishes that I probably can eat from today and tomorrow.

Today I have some necessary putzing to do in the fishroom but other than that I am going to take it easy because it's another bad back day.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Good morning Willie, and everyone else as well.

Great to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Willie.  Hope your back is feeling better soon.  Hope the rest of you are all doing well, and enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!

PS  Thanks for the lovely card Barb.   ;)

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Willie, try DMSO on your back.  It has given me a lot of relief.

That said, I've already done a job hurting my own back.  I didn't tell y'all that Thanksgiving morning my first chick hatched right on time after 21 days in the incubator.  Most of the supposedly fertile eggs I bought and had shipped were not fertile.  5 arrived broken.  I had hopes of 3 chicks hatching but it looks like I have just one.  Now I tried once before to raise a single chick and it did not turn out well.  I went on like and ordered 15 day old chicks from a hatchery.  They won't get here until Dec. 3rd.  Right now I have the little one named Thanksgiving in a box with a heat lamp in the fish room.  I needed to bring my big heavy container in the fish room for the new chicks.  I knew that I shouldn't have done it myself but no muscle man or child was available and having done it myself several times in the past I knew that I could do it.  It wasn't easy but I did it so now I'm paying the price.

Thanksgiving will grow fast and it might not be easy introducing them to a batch 9 days younger.  I asked for advice on my chicken forum.  I was told to give Thanksgiving a mirror so it understands that it's a chick.  After the new chicks arrive I need to put them in the big brooder by themselves for several days before I introduce Thanksgiving to them, then watch them carefully.  Chickens, even little chicks, can be killers.  If Thanksgiving refuses to accept the younger chicks as flock mates I will have to euthanize him.  At least it's not hard to kill a baby chick, but I sure don't want to be forced to.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, I am just taking it easy today,after several days of too much work.  It is warmish but windy today, getting very cold tonight though.  There was some rain overnight which I was glad for.  Now I am worried about this new African covid variant out there.  It is more contagious than the others and they don't know if our current vaccines will be good with it.  When will this ever end?  I think I better get my masks ready to go again.  And back to social distancing again. 

Ron, sorry to hear about your ill friend.  That is tough.  Liz, enjoy your single chick and you other guys have a good day after T'giv.
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello all!

We picked up Jamie's sister today at the airport this morning, then went by the hospital to pick up Jamie and take them to Jamie's home. The hospital allowed Jamie to stay yesterday and last night with Terry. They told her that he's on his own journey now and it could be a while, and that she should say goodbye to him and go home and get her own rest. She's doing fair under the circumstances. We stayed a little bit and then picked up one of our other friends and went to lunch at Mickey D's.

After lunch, went over to Jeep dealer, but they didn't have one I was interested in. So off to Home Goods so Lucy could pick up small kitchen utensil Xmas gifts for granddaughter who's getting married this summer.

We're home now and I need to pull some plants to fill 12 orders this week. Also going to do a WC on the 75g.

Turkey sammiches tonight with leftover dressing and mashers!

Liz, you gotta quit that stuff that keeps hurting your back. Got a 2-wheeler?

Hey...do any of you using Tramadol have your space start itching after taking it? That's been happening to me. Then I start itching all over.

Good to see you checking in Dennis.

Guess that's all for now. Have a good rest of your day, friends!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Liz, I'll look into that DMSO and I'm sorry that Thanksgiving is the only chick to survive from that batch. hopefully it accept the newer chicks and they can all live together as a flock.

Barb this Covid thing is crazy. FYI, I have never stopped using my masks when I go in stores or am around people whose vaccination status I don't know. Some people look at me like I'm crazy but I could care less. I'm protecting me no matter what.

I personally knew more than 10 people that died from Covid. Most were either former coworkers or neighbors of mine. I also knew others that passed on a "hello" basis. The closest person to me that got Covid was Vikki. She and her mother both got it. Her mother died, supposedly from a stroke  huh and Vikki took weeks to recover.

Ron sometimes Tramadol will make me itch but it is rare for me. It is a side effect as is constipation.

Protect yourselves folks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.